What medical plan did you pick for disibility?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bozey, Sep 13, 2008.

1. bozey

bozey New Member

I have insurance through my husband right now but I am trying to get an idea of what medical plan will be best when I have to choose.

I was hoping to get some input from some of you who chose a plan and is it good coverage and are you glad you picked the one you did.

Thanks so much

2. Malcolm82

Malcolm82 New Member

In my state, New York, it was impossible to find decent health insurance that I could afford without being in a group. I was unprepared for how difficult it would be when I finally lost my job. Being sick and having "brain fog" didn't help.

To continue the insurance I had with my employer was going to cost about $2000 per month.

I ended up having to get a DBA as a small business owner to qualify for health insurance through my local Chamber of Commerce. They had many choices, but most were not affordable for me. I am on a policy that has higher co-pays and yearly limits on prescriptions, but it is OK for now.

I do plan to try doing a small amount of business from my home. My LTD plan allows me to make about $500/month without reducing my benefits, but I haven't been well enough to even get started yet.

Getting affordable health insurance without a job is a tough deal. Hopefully it is easier in your state than it is in mine.
  3. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I had my problems with them when I became disabled but I straightened everything out without going to court at least. I think they're one of the best companies out there for Disability. My dad is a Life Insurance Broker and he thinks Principal is the best.

4. bozey

bozey New Member

I guess I should've phrased this differently. I will start a new topic. But thank you both for replying.

I should've put medicare.

5. hensue

hensue New Member

what kind of business do you have that you can bring home now if you dont mind me asking?
    Hope you can get it up and going