What meds can be taken with lortab?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hagardreams, Jun 22, 2011.

1. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

Since my doctor has decreased my lortab to 6 a day, I am in some ungodly pain. I really am trying to cope, but its getting harder and harder. I just now got out of bed, and I am so dizzy, and this is taking me forever to type. I need something!

I was just curious if anyone knows if there is something else that can be taken with lortab to help with the pain.

Thank, Julie
  2. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I'm not sure what your diagosisi is, but for Fibro I know someone who takes Tramadol {Ultran} and Gapapentin {Neurotonin} They both help her to control her pain. When that doesn't work she will sometimes use a Vicodin.
  3. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I know that I was on something years ago (1998) after a car wreck, that really made me feel so much better. The problem is it was given to me by a place that is no longer around. I have no record, or memory of what it was.

This pain is way too much, and now I have to cut down by 2 a day. OMG. What is wrong with doctors. I tried to tell them that I didnt care about my liver. I would rather live 5 years feeling better, than 15 in pain! Its my life, not theirs.

My last doctor let me sign a paper saying that I knew the consequences of liver damage from the lortab, and that let her off the hook. This new doctor acts like they are deaf.

Ok, I could start looking for another doctor, but I dont have the money for one. I have a shut off notice as it is for my gas, and I sure cant take warm baths with no gas.

Thanks for the info, I think its time to call the doctor and tell them that I need something, because I sure cant live like this!
  4. 3gs

3gs New Member

I don't know why doc cut down amt of lortab but is it possible to give you a stronger dose? Or give you something for break thru pain?

I agree with you on docs and the crazy way they think. I'm so sorry you are hurting.

Hoping you get help with gas bill. does a heating pad work? any of the pain rubs?
  5. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I went to see my endo doctor today, and she almost put me in the hospital. I am dehydrated, and in so much pain. She did tell me to call the NP and tell them that I had to get my pain under control. Of course they never called back!
    Anyway she ran some blood work, and said that it wasnt that bad, but that I needed to get some propel in my system fast. I didnt eat at all yesterday, and today I did have a small meal. I am just hurting so bad, and dont know what I need to do, besides find another doctor.
    My diabetes has to come first, and with this much pain, all its doing is making me not want to eat, or drink. Its taking everything I have to finish this message.
  6. keke466

keke466 New Member

I'm in SW ok and was wandering who you're endo Dr is and is she in OKC? I need to see one but don't know who.
    I take ultram and flexeril and lortab when needed for pain. I have FM and a few other things.
    Good luck.
  7. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I actually see a endo doctor at the endocrinology clinic at OU medical center. She is graduating, and I will get a new doctor in August. I am going to miss her. She knows about my pain, but she cant treat me.
    OU medical center just made a new pact about cutting all patients off of any narcotic pain medication. They say that they are improving how they treat patients. How about that. A lot of this is because of the state of Oklahoma coming down on doctors for giving out pain meds. This tells me that they do not know anyone that lives with pain.
    I had a life up until they cut me down. I have only had one meal since late Wednesday. I can feel my self getting weaker.
    I hope that they can find me something to take along with the lortab. I know this isnt working!
    I have the fibro, diabetic neuropathy, and arthritis. The blood sugars alone will cause pain, epecially when they go up. They are up now, and I havent eaten a thing. Stress alone does this to me. I hope that they can find me something to take along with the lortab.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/25/2011]