What meds do you take?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pam119, May 10, 2006.

1. pam119

pam119 New Member

Hi there, I have never been diagnosed with fibromalgia, but all I know is that unless I am out in the sunshine or fresh air, I am tired pretty much all the time. I have an office job and feel like I am half asleep quite a bit. My doctor's office say I need to exercise. But, I can remember when I was in my 20's and in great physical shape, I got plenty of exercise (swimming, running, walking, P.E. in school), but even then I felt exhausted and the exercise usually exasted me as well. Occasionally, I get bursts of energy, but for the most part, I am just tired. I have been taking Wellbutrin for depression, because it is the one anti-depressant that seems to give me a lift, otherwise, I couldn't work and go to school at night the way I do. Also, I am 57 and had a TAH in 2003, which also contributes. What meds to all of you take for fibromalgia and how were you diagnosed?
  2. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I take Soma 250 mg two tabs at bedtime, Xanax .25 mg two at bedtime, Tarka (blood pressure medicine 1 X a day, Potassium Chloride 20 MEQ once a day, Furosemide 40 mg once a day (diuretic), Requip .5 mg once a day for Restlessleg Syndrome and Ambien 10 mg when needed for sleep.

TxSongBird
  3. jakeg

jakeg New Member

Just 2 meds here.

oxycontin and vicodin. Both pain meds. I have tried so many different meds that didn't work I just got tired of it. I have 2 shopping bags full of them that are worthless to me.

One day I'm going to put them all in a list of meds that I tried and didn't work for my records and for the insurance co and for SSDI to prove that I have pretty much run the gammot of drugs to try.

Jake
  4. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

I would like to throw them all out the window...lol....the dam side affects are killing us. Now I am on provigal, well in Canada it is called Alertec, not to sure how long it takes though. Effexor, Synthyroid, Topomax, Trazodone. B12injection every week, and still exhausted...now I want to be tested for ADD...I read an article on a girl that had our disease then found out she also had ADD ...the whole story described me....who knows...sharon5650
  5. nonnie1967

nonnie1967 New Member

Currently I'm taking Topamax (50 mg 2x/day), amitriptyline (50 mg/bedtime), gabapentin (200 mg/morning, 300 mg/bedtime), Mirapex (.125 mg 3x/day), Bentyl 10 mg. prn IBS-diarrhea, Zomig prn migraines, and Vicodin prn migraine or fibro pain. I just weaned off Zoloft, which didn't help at all.

I also take B-12 and Co-Q-10 supplements, as well as a daily multivitamin.
  6. place

place New Member

I want to make sure I am getting into my stage 4 of sleep, once I know this happening, I will persue other meds. For now until my sleep study, I take 75 of noratriptyline.

I also take some supliments, nothing major (fishoil, magn. multi)

Rheumy dx me.