What meds have you tried...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chloeuk, Nov 24, 2006.

1. chloeuk

chloeuk New Member

is there anything that has helped you, what dose you are on and also what else have you tried that hasnt helped and what side effects have you had? I hope to gain a list that others can look at to see if they havent tried a med that could help.

So I have tried..increasing amitriptiline from 100mg to 150mg per night..it had no effect on my pain. Side effects were urinary retention and feeling more tired.

Gabapentin 300mg twice a day worked immediately for me, pain is minimal and have had no side effects

Pain killers:voltaren, pain no different side effects : problems with acid reflux. paracetamol and codeine 500mg/30mg, took the edge of of pain, only took when in severe pain.

Would love to hear from others and think it would be great to share what meds are working or not working.
  2. beachwalkerbill

beachwalkerbill New Member

Alegra 180mg PM
    Amitriptyline 60mg PM
    Adderall 30mg / day 10+10+10
    multi-vitamin 1 morning
    Nasonex night
    Provigil 100mg AM and noon
    Trazodone 100mg PM
    Welbutrin 150mg AM
    PRN
    Aleave 440mg
    Skelaxin 800mg
    Phenergan 50mg
    Percocet 5gm
    Maxalt 10mg
    Fentanyl 25mcg/hr

Over the past 18 years I've tried a few different approaches. There are times I will be down to 1 drug and then times when things get rough.
    Bill
  3. Catseye

Catseye Member

Have you tried or considered trying any supplements? I've been using a bunch and having great success; I only have cfs without much pain, but the pain I did have is gone and I haven't needed to use any drugs. karen
  4. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

60 mg Cymbalta
    Darvocet
    Tramadol
    Ambien
    Soma
    Klonipin
    Vicodin for flare

Various vitamin suppliments, I'd have to look. I think magnesium, Vit C, Vit E, and one other..

I think thats it.. lol
  5. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

<u>Medications</u>
    60 mg. Cymbalta
    Ultracet three times a day
    75 mg. trazodone for sleep
    10 mg. Elavil
    .3 mg. Premarin
    10 mg. Flexeril (generic)
    .5 mg. Klonopin (as needed)

<u>Supplements</u>

ProEnergy & ZMA (magnesium, malic acid, zinc, etc.)
    CoQ10
    Selenium (for energy)
    extra vitamin B, C, E, B12
    Lecithin
    Phosphatydil Serine (for fibro fog)
    garlic (for immune system)

Sometimes I feel like a walking pharmacy!! But most of the time these help. But when use up too many of my "spoons", nothing works except relaxing and sleeping.
  6. chloeuk

chloeuk New Member

7. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Ultracet (2 tablets 3x a day, helps with underlying deep muscle pain)
    Vicodin (2 3x a day, helps with surface pain)
    Soma (2 at night, if it kicks in it helps relax my muscles)
    Ambien (10mg at night, for sleep)
    Unisom (OTC drug, only one i've found that also helps with sleep. I take it along with Ambien when I need to. It's just a decongestant that makes you sleepy)
    Klonopin (still working with this one, but i have hopes that it will help with the sensory overload)
    Xanax (to increase deep sleep, or as needed for anxiety)

I think that's it. I am hoping to try Mirapex soon since several people have had good things to say about it.
  8. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

Guifenisen DM
    Aleve
    Magnesium,Potassium, Calcium
    Nexium
    Bio Identical Hormones
    Vitamin D
    IV w/mag, vit c, b-complex

Novacaine shots

Non med
    Micro current
    Alpha Spa (dry heat therapy)

All works for me..
  9. RedHeadEMT

RedHeadEMT New Member

Hey there! I have also been thru the ringer and have tried everything under the sun, but have found a good combo after almost a year of trying. I've been on the same combo for about a yeat also.

Morphine Sulfate, time released (MS Contin). I was on 60mg TID (3X day) before my big accident a few months ago. Now I am on 100mgs 3Xday. I hope to go back down to 60 when the back/neck problems subside and I am only dealing with my day to day pains.

I also take Norco (hydrocodone 10mg/325mgs of tylenol) for breakthru pain. I take 2-3 four times a day.

I used to take 1/2 of a Robaxin with the Norco, but since the accident, I take flexeril and soma off and on. I also take ibuprofen 600mgs and phenergan as needed.

I have tried:

oxycontin
    methadone
    fentanyl patch
    demerol
    just using the norco alone

Unfortunately, I had bad side effects from all of the above, some worse than others. Basically, the lesson is: that different meds work well for different people, in different doses. It's really a matter of trial and error. I am lucky enough to be blessed with an incredible pain doc who was patient and willing to work with me until we found the best meds for ME.

Good luck with your journey.

-K