What meds is everyone on????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tedebear, Oct 29, 2002.

1. tedebear

tedebear New Member

I know curiosity killed the cat, but I'm asking anyway.
    Curious as to all types of medication a person is currently taking. Wondering if some of us have a tie to certain ailments/diseases/conditions aside from our fibro.
    I take Lipitor, Nasacort, Combivent, Advair, Prevacid, Robinul, Prozac, Wellbutrin, neurontin, skelaxan, vioxx, duragesic patch and estrogen injections, B6, B12.
    How about the types of drugs any one else is on.
    Thanks, soft hugs.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/30/2002]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/04/2002]
  2. tedebear

tedebear New Member

I know curiosity killed the cat, but I'm asking anyway.
    Curious as to all types of medication a person is currently taking. Wondering if some of us have a tie to certain ailments/diseases/conditions aside from our fibro.
    I take Lipitor, Nasacort, Combivent, Advair, Prevacid, Robinul, Prozac, Wellbutrin, neurontin, skelaxan, vioxx, duragesic patch and estrogen injections, B6, B12.
    How about the types of drugs any one else is on.
    Thanks, soft hugs.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/04/2002]
  3. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

I am on dyazide for Meiners disease, 600 mgs of Neurontin, 50 mgs of tramadol, and recently started taking 75 mgs of Wellbutrin. Does this help?
  4. nova

nova New Member

I take 1200mg neurontin, 100mg of provigil; 200mg wellbutrin, 1mg klonapim; 8mg zanaflex; 20 mg oxycontin; and 10 mg of ambien. I also have percocet for breakthrough pain. I am the human pharmacy. :}
  5. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I take--clonidine, medroxypr ac, amitriptyline, hydrocodone, ultram, cyclobenzapr, and paxil.
    Karen
  6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

And most doctors I see have the nerve to ask why I am on so many meds!!!
    I take one .25 mg. of Xanax at bedtime and 1/4 of a .25 mg. xanax in the am and the pm. I take Catapres 0.1 mg. 3 x daily. I also take Benadryl to help me sleep. That's it for daily meds, and I get constant grief about why I am taking Xanax from every new doc I get sent to....no wonder I cancel the appts.!
    The other meds I take rarely are Phenergan 25 mg. and Restoril 15 mgs. (for headaches so I can sleep). I take Tylenol EX for pain otherwise.
    KLutzo
  7. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Diovan Hcl for BP, Levoxyl for thyroid, Lescol for chol/trig, Ultram for pain, Soma to relax the muscles and a baby aspirin for my cardiovascular system.

I also take CoQ10 for EVERYTHING, Milk Thistle for my liver and Black Cohosh for night sweats!

I did take a lot more, but have cut everything WAY back to the bare necessities because of the cirrhosis. The Lescol was a hard choice, but I researched and asked a lot of questions before taking it at my liver doc's insistence. My cholesterol and triglycerides just HAVE to come down and with my genes from my parents, it'll never do it without this med. I've just taken my fourth dose. We'll see....
    Love,
    Kady
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

The only drug I take is low dose Xanax (0.25 milligrams) at six pm for my racing brain. It helps calm me down, the rest of what I take is supplements. The most important is; ZMA for sleep, along with Melatonin.

Shalom, Shirl

9. toots2

toots2 New Member

I take paxil as my antidepressant, trazadone for sleep (great med), and percoset, l0 mgs. a day, for pain. I am on no other medication. I do take dietary supplements but don't know if they help. I have none of the other medical conditions that can go along with fibro. Toots
  10. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

TAT AT ONE TIME I WAS UP AT A HIGH NUMBER OF PILLS A DAY AND ANOW I AVE SEUZED TO GO DOWN TO A SMALL NUMBER
  11. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...but milk thistle & a multi-vitamin right now. Trust me, I'm hardly bragging; I am super-sensitive to drug side effects, plus I've had my liver blood tests come back slightly high (hence the milk thistle) so I'm nervous about the effect anything else would have on my liver. I envy any one of you who has found the right combination of meds and/or supplements to make their life less painful & uncomfortable; quality of life is what it's all about. Hope we all achieve better quality of life someday...

Hugs,
    Pam
  12. charlie47

charlie47 New Member

I think i have been on a lot of drugs. now i'am taking lamictal and celexa for depression. synthroid, premarin, protnix for acid reflux, ultram for pain which just makes the acid reflux worse. right now i need something stronger for pain. i have been on all of the drugs mentioned, at one time i have taken up to 12 different pills a day. i hate them but have no choice. good luck
  13. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

Tedebear, I thought I took a lotta pills! Wellbutrin and Prozac? My oh my.
    I take Paxil 40mg. a day, Xanax .50 2x's a day, for panic disorder.
    I also take Tenormin 50 mgs once a day for my BP, Mirapex 50 mg. 3 x's a day for the tremors and restless leg syndrome
    I also use 4 kinds of eye drops because I have Iridocyclitis in my right eye. It's an auto-immune thing going on in there. My immune system is attacking my iris, no one knows why. I have steroid eye drops and since it has begun to act up real bad lately 3 other kinds of eye drops to get the pressure down. It was 35 yesterday and my left eye was 17. It's like having glaucoma.
    Also I have Flexeril for when I can't cope anymore with the muscle spasms. As well as Ultram for pain. Mostly I don't take either one, instead I use Tylenol Arthritis Strength, 3 of em.
  14. tedebear

tedebear New Member

First off, thank-you for responding to my post. Can someone tell me what milk thistle does and is it a supplement? I do worry a lot about liver damage from all the different meds. I guess that is why they run blood tests periodically to check for damage.
    Thanks again, soft hugs.
    P.S. What does the Lescol do for the liver? Keep it in line? Thanks.
  15. selma

selma New Member

I'm feeling better since One doc. wrote on a record that I am a hypocondriac. He is/was a gastro who I don't see anymore. I take ultram 100mgs 3xaday with tylenol 1000mgs
    Provigil,Ambien& flexeril to sleep. lomotil and I can't remember the other for IBS. Then I take 5 herbs inc. a multivit.

Ive tried most of the mins. and vits.& herbs.LOL

Selma[This Message was Edited on 11/20/2002]
  16. JP

JP New Member

Hello Tedebear,

I had a med conversation with my doc last week. It was kind of sad/funny in a way. We reviewed my meds and had a routine symptom check in...

I am on: 50mg of Vioxx; 25mg of Elavil at bedtime; Synthroid; 300 mg of Effexor, and 7.5/750 mgs of Vicodin 3X per day.

She said, "this is great" and I starting crying. I said that I never thought I would ever need meds. From her perspective, I am managing my conditions well with very little medication. I have quite a bit more than FM going on. My doctor is one that pushes herbs and alternatives. She is not big on meds...which is good.

Take care,
    Jan
  17. tedebear

tedebear New Member

JP....does the amount of meds you are using help, or do you experience the same degree of pain? Just wondering. If I could decrease some meds without relapses in illnesses that would be great.
    Soft hugs.
  18. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

Im only taking flexril (for spasms), and Catapress (which is for my high bp)... Efforex for depression and bendryl if I cant sleep.

It sucks not being on any pain meds, but Im hoping that Ill be able to go back on them soon.. Its been 2 1/2 months since Ive had any :(

19. achy

achy New Member

I take these for FM/CF
    Oxycontin 20mg 2Xday
    Xanax 2 X day
    Soma 2 X day
    Zoloft 150 mg for depression which has quit working
    Zyprexa for emergency sleep totally knocks me out 8 hrs

Then add the Asthma
    Advair
    Singulair
    Rhinocort (chronic Sunusitis)
    Albuterol

Vitimins
    Centrum
    C
    E
    Selenium
    Magnesium
    Calcium - these really seem to be helping!!
    echinachea (for colds, etc)

I rattle when I walk
    Warm Fuzzies
    Achy
  20. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Ah, so you have respiratory problems too. Does it seems worse for you at night? Mine does, compounded by everything else.
    Very very soft hugs.