What meds work for you? (new to board)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alexandralynch, Sep 25, 2006.

1. alexandralynch

alexandralynch New Member

We all know that we're all different and different things work for different people. But sometimes you get ideas of things to try from others.

At the moment, I personally am on 75 mcg of synthroid (hypothyroid) and take 25 mg of Zoloft and varying degrees of ibuprofen for pain control. I also have Vicodin for breakthrough pain, but I'm not fond of it as it gives me bloody dreams (literally. Random slasher-movie moments. Urgh!). I'm working on saving up the money for an ADD test, and am having some worrying dizziness that I intend to call the doctor about soon, which means that I probably don't have everything figured out yet.

So anyway, what are you on, and how's it working for you? Be nice to me, I'm new around here. (smile)
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

3. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I take the following:

Cymbalta (for pain)
    Vicodin ES (for Pain)
    Soma (muscle spasms during daytime)
    Zanaflex (spasms, pain and sleep at night)
    Ritalin (for daytime drowziness)
    Valium (for anxiety)
    B12 injections (for energy)
    Mirapex (for RLS)

Its alot...but it allows me to function semi-normally and keep a full-time job.

Take Care,
    Stephanie
  4. ChicagoEmerald

ChicagoEmerald New Member

Hi Alexandra and welcome to the board. I am 42 yrs young and was diagnosed with Fibro 4 years ago. Here are my list of meds...

60 mgs of Prozac (antidepressant)
    900 mgs of Neurontin (burning pain)
    100mgs amitriptyline (sleep)
    40mgs methadone (pain)
    8mgs hydromorphone (break through pain)

I'm glad you found our board. Welcome!!! =)
  5. alexandralynch

alexandralynch New Member

I suspect that I should be on something like Ritalin myself because I have never been able to focus, ever. I was the girl being told "Well, Alex, if you'd just Pay Attention Better and Remember Your Homework you'd have no trouble at all." (sigh)

I also have episodes of dizziness when I eat, stand up from a chair, or get excited about something that are rather annoying. Especially annoying was last night when my husband was, ah, NOT too tired after work, and I had a fit of dizziness and nausea even though I was lying down. I REALLY want to know what's up with THAT, because normally intimacy is helpful, not problematic.