What My Doctor Really Meant When He Said Psychogenic

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ruru1992, Feb 25, 2006.

1. ruru1992

ruru1992 New Member

I wrote this months back when I was frustrated. It gave me a laugh. Hope it does you too. What My Doctor Really Meant When He Said Psychogenic: 1)I don't have a clue what's wrong with you- so you must be lying! 2)You're underinsured or uninsured. 3)I've run all the expensive tests that I can justify with insurance. 4) I'm overbooked, and the next patient is two hours behind to receive 2 minutes of my time & the latest expensive pharmaceutical the drug companies are pushing.( I love those free vacations!) 5) You're a woman, and all women are neurotic! 6)On your first visit I played understanding and compassionate. I believed your complaints. But now that I don't have a test result to confirm your chronic illness- I must degrade you, steal your self esteem, and label this psychiatric! 7)Chronic illness and pain cause anxiety and depression. But since there's no specific test result to prove you suffer everyday- you must be lying and crazy! 8)I am a doctor- you are a mere mortal. If my expensive charges and short visits don't miraculously cure you- you must not be sick!! 9)HA! You still think doctor's are here to compassionately treat people??!!What are you- 100 years old??? My priority is not to help people! It's to pad my wallet, satisfy insurance companies, and make pharmaceutical companies richer!! Needless to say I no longer see this physician.I'm sure there are some caring doctors out there. I just haven't found a good one yet. Hope this made you smile!!
  2. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

Glad you got that off of your chest. How funny. Blessings to you. Jen102
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Love your wit and writing style! Boy, did you hit the nail on the head....at least 9 nails! Pretend each of the nails has the face of that doc on it....Pound away!

(-:

Sue
  4. thats just what was said in the report i recieved to say im not getting dissability money and cant appeal anymore.they say in their opinion i egzagerated about my illness.. (lied)sorry about spelling mistakes.
    my doctor hadnt fully looked at my medical records when he was asked for information about me,by the dhss (social)
    when i visited him i said,,why didnt you tell them about the blindness you know i suffer from?i came to you blind you know i did,so why didnt you tell the dhss?
    why didnt you tell the dhss about when i came to you because i had spine siezure,went totally stiff,and my hubby had to help me clean myself up at the toilet?and i was told i have none cancerous lumps in the muscles of my ribcage ,that hurt,but you dont want me to have them removed because in your opinion i can be left to live with them,and the operation is too expensive?
    my doctor just started banging on his desk and said RIGHT WERE SHALL I SEND YOU NOW?
    i said no where i dont want you for my doctor anymore,you disgust me.so ive got a new doctor who at least sympathieses with me,,i cant spell that word too (sorry)

all the best
    fran xx