What natural candida treatment do you swear by?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hopeful4, Sep 22, 2005.

1. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

What would you say are the very best natural remedies and supplement treatments for candida? I understand that the candida diet is very important, pro-biotics, and something to kill the yeast.

I was on flucanazole (generic Diflucan) for 3 miserable months, Liv 52 to protect my liver from the flucanazole, along with Jarrow-dophilus and Uva Ursi, and of course the candida diet. Today I found out that I still have the candida. What I don't know is what the exact numbers on the anti-bodies are due to a mix-up that I hope to have straightened out. By that I mean that I don't know how much of the yeast was killed off, and how much is left.

Well, back to my question. I never, ever want to be as miserable as I was this summer from the die-off. I'm going to have to start a treatment again, and would like an alternative.

What has worked for you to eliminate candida that you swear by?

Thanks everyone,
    Hopeful4
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

Nystatin 23 years ago, altho that doesn't seem to be favored these days by MDs... but

Another important thing is, how strict are you about your diet?

Taheebo/Pau D'Arco tea or herbal pills help a lot... if you browse at your health food store, you will see a lot of remedies, usually all good, BUT you also have to follow a strict diet, no way around that unfortunately!

Hope this helps,
    Victoria
  3. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

OMX Probiotic from Japan..Also a diet with lots of leafy greens raw and cooked..Candida has never returned,
  4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Thanks everyone for your input. I thought I had followed the candida diet, but maybe I can do better. Ate no sugar, honey, etc.; no vinegar products; no wheat; no diary; 95% unprocessed, organic foods that I cooked myself. 1 apple/day, small amount of berries. Lots of veggies, brown rice, fish, chicken. I did eat nuts, rye crackers, rice cakes, almond butter.

I was constantly hungry...that's not especially a good thing. I lost a lot of weight for me, became very weak and deconditioned. I'm at a low of 105 lbs. at 5'5'.

I contacted the FFC I go to for guidance on the diet, and the diet they recommend is not as restrictive as what I did. I was somewhat disappointed in their instructions, and in their insistance that I stay on the flucanazole even though I became debilitated for 3 months. I do not want to go back on it.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and your support. Have a great day.
    Hopeful4

5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

This is very good for killing candida. I herxed quite badly on it, but it works quite well. It has caprylic acid and lauric acid and some other things that kill candida. I had actually used plain caprylic acid some years ago, but it didn't work nearly as good as the virgin coconut oil.

The Tropical Traditions website has a lot of information on this. The coconut oil also is very good for your thyroid and some other things. You have to make sure it's unrefined. All the bad things you've heard about coconut oil are untrue for virgin coconut oil.

Mary
  6. gottagetbetter

gottagetbetter New Member

The candida diet is life changing!! I have also found that raw garlic is a huge help!
    ~P
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

depending on who you listen to, doctors disagree too... so what else is new, hehe! but it does seem that some are more sensitive than others to a larger number of foods.

I would definitely add to the 'forbidden' list anything that has any kind of yeast or mold like cheese, wine, any yeasted bread even if it's spelt, rice, etc. Some find fruit is difficult for a while. And of course any sweetening other than stevia or xylitol.

8. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Thank you all for your suggestions and information...and most of all for being here with your support.

I will try to keep it simple. I read through a number of different books, with different opinions, so it can be confusing.

Also, I have an appointment this week with my ND, and he knows me well and how my body is sensitive to many things, so hopefully he will have some great ideas and support, too.

I want to beat the yeast and get on with life. I'm sure I've had it for a long time without knowing it, and I know it will take a while to become balanced again.

Thanks so much.
    Hopeful4
  9. angelstarr

angelstarr New Member

I take a product called Candex. It is made by Pure Essence Labs. It is a yeast management system. It helps with balancing the natural flora in your system and has enzymes to break the yeast down so there is little or no herxing on it. It is not cheap. I buy it from my local herb shop and it is 65.00 abottle for 120 caps. I am sure I could get it online cheaper. But the lady is my friend and I like to support her.

I also take Probiotics Eleven. These 2 products have helped me to lessen my constipation and IBS issues from all of the meds that I take.

10. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

11. shelbo

shelbo New Member

on a candida diet. I went to a site called mold survivor...think you'll find it if you do a search...there is a list of foods to avoid and an explanation as to why vinegar is bad on a candida diet. Also, I heard honey was out because anything sweet feeds the candida. Even some books ban fruits at first and then only allow certain ones later on.
    On the mold survivor main site it's under the section entitled 'treatments, physicians and healing techniques'.

HTH, Love Shelbo
    [This Message was Edited on 10/12/2005]
  12. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

I've had great luck with the Ambrotose product by Mannatech to control my candida problems.

I don't have to take it constantly, but only use it when I notice I'm having a problem again, and it seems to fix me up in short order.

Sbilek