What natural supplements have helped you? Here's My List

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dorrene, Sep 29, 2005.

1. dorrene

dorrene New Member

Being a RN and knowing how dangerous phramicicals are. I stay away from "Western Medicine" and try to use only natural supplements and have had very good results. I have both Fibro and CFS and in the past I have very ill with both. This summer I have been feeling great!
    What natural supplements have helped you? A very healthy diet (hopefully organic) with lots of fruits, vegies and whole grains is the foundation to health. No sodas, caffine, junk food etc...

This is what I take on a daily basis: FOR CFS: ELEUTHERO ROOT(siberan ginsing) Gaia brand 3 caps a day helps the adrenals increases energy & stamina HAWTHORN TICTURE: improves cardiac, heart tonic, for all the Low blood pressure and fast heart rate problems, improves blood circulation 1-2 droperfuls 2 x day) takes 1-2 months to get full results HOST DEFENSE mushroom complex: strenghtens the immune system (Very important to do everything you can to strenghten your immune system CFS and Fibro seems to be caused by some sort of infection) 2 caps 2x day CORDYCEPS MycoMedicinals : Improves energy and strenghtens lungs 1-2 dropperful day Eat very healthy, organic, juicing etc no soda, no caffine. FOR IMSOMINA: L-TRYPTOPHAN 500mg per 50 lbs body weight takes up to one month to get full results FOR PAIN: Tart Cherry juice 2 cups a day SYSTEMIC ENZYMES: Take on empty stomach 3-5 caps 3 x day for 2-3 months then 1-2 caps three times a day FISH OILS: EPA & DHA (Nordic Naturals) Ultimate Omega 1 cap 2x day Drinking enough water is very important too. Hot baths, hot water bottle, hot tubs YOGA YOGA YOGA and walking RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME: this really works! MRM Cal-Mag Zinc Liquid 2 tablespoons at bedtime LIQUID CALCIUM works the best for restless leg SUBLINGUAL B VITIMINS: Coenzymate B Complex 3 tabs under tounge a day For anxiety and stress "Feel good vitamins" GOJI JUICE: This stuff is great! Its just juice from a berry but it made a real difference in my health. Californa Acadamy of health has the best juice at the best price. I KNOW this is a lot of stuff to take but I can not be disabled. Just try one or two of these and see if it helps.
    Dorrene

[This Message was Edited on 09/30/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/30/2005]
  2. dorrene

dorrene New Member

What are your suggestions for virius? Forgive my spelling.
    The Host Defense mushroon complex has reduced the amount of virius I catch. If I do come down with one I take the chinese pills Yin Chiao (at the first sign) and then Gan Mao Ling 6 pills 3x a day until well. Works very well for me. If that doesn't work I go see my accupuncurist.
    Lucky for me I live in Santa Cruz ,CA where there are natural health professionals everywhere.
    I have on hand New Chapter All-Flora for probiotics which I take sometimes.
    I have just added D-Ribose, CoQ10 and increased my Mag because my cardic systoms are what I have been having problems with lately reducing the hawthorn to see what happens. I have trouble with "funny beats" keeping me awake at night and if I walk for longer than 35 mins I become very faint and dizzy. Went to a cardioligst and was all checked out passed the treadmill with flying colors. He says he sees this all the time with fibro patients...he says drink more water...but I have tryed this and it doesn't work. But all in all my health has returned to almost what it was in 1996 before I became ill.
    If you have any suggestion let me know. Where is your protocol?
    Be Well,
    Dorrene
  3. patches25

patches25 New Member

I use a number of things but not everything consistantly. My number 1 help for inflammation is Wobenzym. Works so well. I take 4 tablets 2 or 3 times a day between meals. Also take B's, E, ZMA, (or other Magnesium), noni, Ribose with AMP. I take other things as I feel I need them such as colostrum, Collidial silver, EmergenC packets, and so on.

When I was moving I was taking 6 EmergenC packets a day and that really helped me feel better.

I meant to answer a costo thread before but it got away from my fibro brain. Wobenzym works far better for the inflammation than using things like Advil for me. So for anyone who asked about it, I apologize for the delay. E.
  4. dorrene

dorrene New Member

Yes, I have been taking enzymes too...for the last month can't tell if is working. Many of my friends with fibro say it "cures" fibro. I don't know yet
    What has helped me the most is TART CHERRY JUICE I am almost pain free now. I started last week with three cups a day and after three days my chronic lower back pain was all gone...I now take two cups a day...great stuff...good for gout too.
    Be Well,
    Dorrene