What next after getting a stool softener and the suppositories

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Honora88, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Honora88

Honora88 Member

so the dr gave the 2 above however, I still feel as though it hurts to go to the bathroom because it is hitting the hemmoroids which are internal. It doesn't seem like the two above really address the size of the hemmorroids which cause friction

any suggestions?
  2. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

Sounds like you might have to go back to the doctor and consider surgery to have these removed. Sometimes that is the only answer.
  3. spacee

spacee Member

You might try adding a Fibercon at night, and a senna tablet. I take all three (stool softener...2 of those).

I also eat dried plums (prunes) and salads. I think I need to eat more apples too.

Hope you do better!

4. ellikers

ellikers New Member

It might be a matter of the hemorrhoids taking time to heal (frustrating buggers) ... or maybe like others said surgery might be necessary, so in the meanwhile it's a matter of easing the pain- do you have a pain that works to dull that pain out at all??
  5. suzbee

suzbee New Member

Hi to you,

Wow, I know what it feels like trying to eliminate something that feels like a brick. A diet change was definitely in order for me.

One thing that helps immensely though is long-term taking of vitamin C with a bioflavonoid complex. The more bioflavonoids, the better. Some of those are taken from the white inner side of citrus peels, for example. There are several other sources. But they work to strengthen the walls of veins, arteries, and capillaries; and as a result, hemorrhoids can be greatly reduced in size, sometimes down to nothing.

That's what I use, and it makes a huge difference.

Hope this helps!

(As usual, do your own due diligence before putting anything in your mouth.)