What NOT to do in heat

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Asatrump, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Yesterday was 96 plus humidity. My adult son lives alone and because it was his last day of vacation he felt pressured to put 5 huge cans of sealer on his driveway. He said he drank plenty of water .

When finished he showered and while in there felt nausea and sudden head ache.

He lives alone and thought he could be having an allergic reaction to the fumes of the tar/sealer.

He knew enough to go straight to the office where he works and have somebody check him.

Fortunate for him he is in a medical field. His office nurse took temp, pulse and bp and the doctor in his office dropped everything to check him. DEHYDRATED. The doctor dropped what he was doing and walked across campus to a physician's lounge and grabbed two large bottles of Gatorade.

Lesson learned: water isn't enough

second lesson: if you want immediate medical attention, be sure you work in a medical field!!!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 06/10/2008]
  2. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Honey I had heat stroke back in my 30's and I cannot tolerate the high 60's if I try to work outside.

He may have gotten heat stroke, once you have it, you just can't seem to get past it.
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Thanks for the reply, he got better and better as his work day progressed. Is stopping for gatorade on the way home.