What now?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, Feb 25, 2007.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Well, I woke up today feeling absolutely horrible. It doesn't help that my son is sick today too, and he has a fever of 101. But I woke up with at "tickle" in my throat, so I have this urge to cough. On top of that, I feel absolutely drained of energy. I feel like someone hooked me up to a vacuum cleaner and just sucked all of the energy out of me.

I guess I'm still stuck on where to go from here, after my horrible doctor's appointment on thursday. I really would love to finally see a doctor who understands ME/CFS, but it's going to cost so much money, as most of these doctors are out of state and out of network for my insurance company. But then I keep telling myself that my health and happiness are worth the money, and what will I do when I'm a nurse, because I cannot afford to feel like this. So many decisions to make, but I just want to give up and say screw it. I don't even care how bad I feel any more. How horrible is that?

Kim
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Kim:

I am so sorry you feel this way today.

As for 'giving up', if you mean leaving your job: maybe it is time for you to do that.

I really hope it is not the time for you, but one day I said: that is it. No more work. I just can not do anymore.

I got on SSD and live on my savings and income from various sources.

If you are not ready, why not just rest, rest, rest and then get even more rest?

Just my opinion...

You feel better soon, OK?

nyrofan
  3. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Hey Kim, sorry you are feeling so bad - {{{gentle hugs}}}.

I'm sorry you can't find a doctor on your insurance. Are you on an HMO?

Hope your son feels better quickly.

Take care and don't give up!