What percentage does insurance cover for FFC??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by namow, Apr 16, 2006.

1. namow

namow New Member

I'm curious how much in general does insurance cover of the total cost of your treatments at FFC?

ALso how many of you got your insurance to actually cover it??
  2. kel78

kel78 Member

My insurance company (an HMO in Western New York State) refused any coverage. I had been led to believe the lab work would be covered by my insurance, so I (stupidly!) agreed to it. I must've spent at least $10,000 on the FFC last year.

I can't say whether the FFC would've been able to help me because I had to stop going once I was saddled with the staggering lab fees. However, I was angered and disappointed with them due to a few issues (told the IV was a nutritional supplement, when it actually contained a drug which caused me excruciating pain; the doctor wouldn't accept it when I was unable to continue certain drug therapies due to extreme sensitivities/reactions).

Mary
  3. katdancer

katdancer New Member

I'm new here and not sure with the acronyms and letters used for many things - I'm sorry - what is FFC?
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

FFC means Fibro and Fatigue Center. It's a chain of clinics nationwide that treat people like us. I have an appt on May 3. My twin sister goes and is feeling better.
    I have an HMO and will have to pay for EVERYTHING. But I feel I have no choice. So far my other drs have done next to nothing for me. I feel that paying 10,000 is cheaper than going on disability even if I do only work three days a week.
  5. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Depends on the insurance, mine pays 80% after the deductable. I have a PPO
  6. namow

namow New Member

I really apreciate your responses, I just want to see how many of you actually get coverage from the insurance. I wish more people would get covered!