What Pharmacist said about cysts/Acne

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AC77, Apr 29, 2003.

1. AC77

AC77 New Member

I have seen a lot of people posting about getting cysts and acne and cystic acne! Well, I have a minor problem with it to and take all the conventional stuff for it: Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicyclic Acid in the AM and Retin-A Micro at night. With the warm weather upon us, so are acne break out, pimples and black-head, along with enlarged pores.

I am getting decent relief but am sick of applying all this junk to my skin. I had to pick up something at Walgreens today and decicded to ask the pharmacist what she knew about the trend on what area docs are giving for these problems. I was shocked to hear her say that her doctor told her to use APPLE CIDER VINEGAR, diluted in 50% water!
    She then said to apply my retin-a over it.

I thought, how inexpensive, simple and what a lack of side effects, if it works. So I tried it. I don't know how it's going to work but what's there to lose. If anyone knows anything about this or intends to give it a try, please, give me some feed back... So far all I feel is a pleasent tingling from it. Wishes.........
  2. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Has your doctor ruled out Polycistic Ovary Syndrome?

My daughter had this, she always had spots break out for no reason on her face. It`s a hormone problem and solution is taking the pill.

Love Pat.
  3. TNhayley

TNhayley New Member

Do you think this might be effective without the retin-a? Last time I asked for help about this (and I've pretty much given up the topic) I was told, sorry .. nothing else we can do. I know I should've pushed, but it's been a bottom of the barrell symptom.

Also, did she say why Apple in particular, or if any other vinegar would work? Looking forward to other people's comments on this. :)
    Hayley
  4. AC77

AC77 New Member

It is impossible for me to get that disease, as I am a male! LOL.

I guess you could try the vinegar before application of any medication on the face. It's acidic so I dont see it interacting with anything, ie: alpha and beta hydroxy acids, retin-a, etc.... I don't know why apple cider vinegar is used. Maybe because it has certain qualities that enhance it, such as anitmicrobial effect? You can try it alone, I guess it, see how it works.

[ advertisement ]