What photo sharing site do you use?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TwinMa, Dec 29, 2008.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

There are so many photo sharing sites out there: Flickr, Shutterfly, Photobucket, Snapfish, Kodak Gallery, SmugMug, Picasa, dotPhoto, etc.

I had some photos in Kodak Gallery, but they told me they were going to boot me out unless I bought something from them. So they are out, in my book.

I want a site that others don't have to log in to and hopefully is free. I know free doesn't get all the bells and whistles, but that's ok. I just want to share some photos with friends and is easy to use.

Do you have a good site that you are happy with? Pros? Cons? Thanks for your help!
  2. jmq

jmq New Member

Photobucket and AOL has a photo sharing thingy. I just got a Kodak easy share camera so I thought that is what I would use now....but I do not like what they told you. That is not right!

I like photobucket because you can do all kinds of editing with it.

Have fun...
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

A friend was showing me how Picasa works. It looks like it can do a lot of things, I think she prefers it over many others she's tried. I'll have to wait til I get home to try it, but it seems like it has a good reputation and I don't think you have to ultimately buy anything.

But I'm sure there are lots of others who have tried these sites... I'll be waiting too for their opinions!

all the best,

4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I use Kodak Gallery - love it, have never purchased one thing and have never been threatened to be booted out. Hmmm. Also I also click the button that makes sure no one has to log in to view pictures.

I know many people who use Webshots. Everyone says it's very easy to use.
  5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I appreciate your input.

I'm not positive, but I think Picasa is associated with Google and Flickr is associated with Yahoo.

I didn't know that there was a button on Kodak Gallery so that people don't have to log in. I'll have to look for that. Good info.

I did buy quite a few prints from Kodak Gallery, so that I could keep my account with them. I remember the shipping being quite high ($9 or $10). I checked to see where I could get them printed locally and just do an in-store pick up, and the closest store was 15 miles away. I live in a highly populated area, so that surprised me. It was another thing I didn't like about Kodak Gallery. The prints themselves were just fine, so that's a plus.