What remedies have worked for candida???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by VickyB, Jan 31, 2003.

1. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Please let me know remedies or medications that help candida.
    Thanks, Vicky
  2. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

Hi! Please visit our Candida Message Board, by clicking on "message boards" ABOVE. And drop into some of the posts there,at CANDIDA. Let me know if you have any questions!
    Fibromiester
  3. rebeccavw

rebeccavw New Member

Hi Vicky

There is an excellent book by Gill Jacobs called Beat Candida through Diet. Its not just about diet but gives all the supplements needed to help kill the yeasts and explains in detail whats happening to your body.

Hope this helps.

Rebecca
  4. Geek

Geek New Member

A well-known book is The Yeast Connection.

What I took was called KandidaPlex. I could tell it was working because 2 days later, the herxheimer reaction started; it was AWFUL!! Much worse than avoiding caffeine or sugar! It was severe for about 3 days then tapered off over the next week. Skin outbreaks went away completely and I felt better.

Then I stopped taking it and felt worse a few weeks later. Started on the KandidaPlex again, had another terrible herxheimer reaction. This time, I made sure to avoid caffeine and sugar as well. I think that helped. My doctor told me to take it 10 days per month to keep it under control.

I hear oregano oil also helps, which I've been taking to fight off (successfully) illness outbreaks at work. Not sure what effect this had on the candida because I had already taken KandidaPlex first.

5. Geek

Geek New Member

Just to follow up on myself, that KandidaPlex contains the following:
    Biotin
    Sorbic Acid
    Undecyenic Acid
    Pau d'arco
    Grapefruit Seed extract
    Berberine

So, you could take some of these separately and probably achieve the same results.

6. karen55

karen55 New Member

My sister had systemic yeast and did the oral diflucan for 2 months. She follows an extremely strict diet now and takes pao d'arco daily. She convinced me to take it, more as a preventive type thing.
  7. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

Sporanox worked for me.

I followed a strict candida diet, for about 6 months, and took many herbs. I wil add that I stopped taking my low dose of Synthroid, simply because I had never experienced any benefit from it (definately not something that should have been stopped). When my Great Smokies stool test came back, I STILL had the highest level of yeast the lab assigns. With that disappointing result, I ate anything and everything including ice cream and donuts...NOT something I suggest others do.

Got a new dr. and started taking 200 mgs. Sporanox and 2 grains Armour. Still ate all the crap I wanted and in no time I had reduced my yeast from a 4+ to a 1+, which is considerd balanced.

While I do think Sporanox was responsible for this, given I didn't eat properly AT ALL, I also think the correct dose of thyroid medication plays a key role in decreasing yeast levels. If the thyroid is too low, it makes it very difficult to have a significant effect on yeast. In fact, low thyroid encourages yeast to grow. So, if one has an undiagnosed case of hypothyroidism, or is being undertreated for such (many dr.s don't prescribe adequate strength medicine, and that's probably higher with CFS sufferers), its possible that the battle against candida will be a long one.

Hope this helps,
    Annette
  8. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Vicky,
    I had systemic candida infection. I tried the RX antifungals---really made me ill!

Here is what worked for me:
    Berberine
    Grapefruit Seed Extract
    Probiotics
    And Anti-Candida Diet

Best Wishes,
    LL