what should i say to doc?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckk, Oct 26, 2005.

1. ckk

ckk New Member

I HAVE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR THE DOCTOR 'CAUSE THE ULTRAM IS JUST NOT CUTTING MY PAIN......ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO APPROACH HIM ON GETTING STRONGER MEDS? THANK YOU.

CKK
  2. jake123

jake123 New Member

It is not a sure thing that the rheumy will give you something for pain either. I waited five months to see the one I have and he has never given me one pill.
    I have polymyositis so my CPK rises up and then goes down by itself. I don't take steroids anymore. And he totally ignores the pain I have. He actually told me that polymyositis is not painful!!
    I told him I didn't care what he called it but I hurt.
  3. goldenrod

goldenrod New Member

I asked my doctor if there were any new or wonderful pain meds that are available as the pain meds I was on just did not help me. he recommended oxycontin and I have been on it for over a year. I did have to try tylenol 3, percocet, vioxx, and muscle relaxants too first. percocet worked well, but it was doctor who said oxycontin is safer because it has no tylenol in it. just the time released oxycodone.
    be honest and frank with your doctor, remember they work for you and they are supposed to do everything they can to help you.
    good luck
  4. ckk

ckk New Member

i appreciate all of your input, i dont know why i get so intimidated by him. he always says, i dont want to give you such heavy drugs because theres really no reason why you should be in so much pain so i don't want to have to anwer to the higher ups, ya know what i mean? no i don't!! do they have everything that i have? i didn't think so. anyway, thanks guys i appreciate your help. i will make an appointment and see what he says.
    ckk