What should we name the Garden Post?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by monica33flowers, Feb 23, 2008.

1. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

OK, all you fellow gardeners out their.....what should we name the garden post thread? Also, would you like to do it similar to the front porch? After 30 posts we start a new thread?

Open to all suggestions!

Thank you, Monica
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

How about "The Garden Gate" Just a suggestion!,,,,be fun to see what others come up with!,,,,,,,,Sis
  3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Com post!

P.S. I love your Kitty Cats![This Message was Edited on 02/24/2008]
  4. tansy

tansy New Member

i don't often post on the chit chat board (though i often read the messages here) but would really like this. i am learning the hard way; so hopefully they'll be a bit less trial and error this year.

learning from others has proved invaluable already. passionate gardeners seem to enjoy encouraging relative newbies like myself. sharing what we know would be great.

love the name com post; started using a composting bin last summer and enjoyed learning about how to get the best results.

planters corner, gardeners club, plant lovers united, grow your own group.

tc, tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 02/24/2008]
  5. I like the Garden Gate
  6. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

You are so witty!!!!! I vote for his.

7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Seriously, I think your idea for a Garden "forum" would be
    wonderful as so many people love to garden! The "Garden Gate"
    does sound good. Or maybe "The Yard Birds"? Really like your
    idea. I'd love to Volunteer to Garden at the Park if my health
    was better. They've done some beautiful additions there.

Best of Luck getting things going! I'm sure many of the
    "Porchies" will participate as well.

[This Message was Edited on 02/24/2008]
  8. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Love the idea of a garden thread. I'd love to hear ideas, tips etc.

How about:
    Seeds of Hope
    The Flower Bed (since we all love our beds so much)
    The Petal Pushers
  9. monica33flowers

I really do love all the suggestions and the one for Garden Gate is great. My favorite magazine that I get is called Garden Gate.

But I must say I do love the com post from Mr. Dad. Another favorite is the Petal Pushers

C'mon everyone let me know what your favorite is!
  10. sisland

sisland New Member

Maybe "The Garden Gate" is to Serious!,,,,,lolol,,it might be fun to have a more light hearted name ,,,,,like ,,,,Com-post,,,,or Petal pushers,,,,,We need all the light heartedness we can get right?,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,Sis,,,,,

P.S. I added a photo of my Sunflowers from last Summer,,,hope you all like them!
    [This Message was Edited on 02/25/2008]
  11. monica33flowers

are HUGE! I love the dark color one. I'm not familar with sunflowers and I actually thought of maybe trying a few this year since my son LOVES sunflowers.

OK, anyone else have an idea for the name of our garden thread?
  12. sisland

sisland New Member

Sunflowers are so easy to grow! Just plant them next to the house or a fence,,,,,2 seeds per 1 1/2 inch down in the soil,,,spaced about 4-5 inches apart,,,,,,

suprisingly there are all different heights and about 3 different colors to choose from!,,,,these happen to be the red sunset ones,,,,,,,

one of the neighbor ladies watered them everyday,,,i would have watered them about every 3 days,,,,,,but thats why they are so big! but oh what Beauties they turned out to be,,,,,,,,Thanks for the compliment! ,,,,,,,,,,

These are really fun for the kids to plant because of how big they get and how fast they grow,,,,,
  13. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

As compost is nearly a religion with me I will go with that clever suggestion.

Transforms discarded bits into marvellous stuff
    Brilliantly flexible to suit creativity.
    Renews the earth
    Provides food for good bugs.
    Nurtures living things
  14. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Tried to think of words that would combine darkness of earth with brightness of sky, but no luck.

Guess that just plain Garden Post works for me.

When thought about Garden Gate it got too complicated.
    Golden Gate, barrier gates, horse racing gates, cattle gates.

Com post seems just a bit too darn cute, but would be OK. I've done cute before.

Garden Side Porch Post seems to long, etc

Porch side out, garden side in? A take off of "Posh" or "Portside out, Starboard home". Maybe Rockgor could figure out some pun, but I can't figure anything out.

Sorry, I'm not being much help.

Looking forward to Spring.
    mr Bill

[This Message was Edited on 02/27/2008]
  15. sisland

sisland New Member

How about we just call it "The Garden Post",,,??? that shouldn't be to complicated right?
  16. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

The Foggy Gardener...I still like the Com post though.

17. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

A fine bunch of decision makers we are:)

I can see it now, "Plant post dies on vine because no one can figure name." Becomes Post Plant post.

I suppose it could be worse, we could have a whole schism over name with one group against the other.
    Reformed Plant Posters versus Orthodox Posters?

Sorry, sometimes I get carried away(literally?).

Maybe just let monica33flowers pick a name and everyone promise to agree?

Oh, well. The subject still rather theoretical here because still winter here, though some crocus(es?) blooming.

My biggest concern now is how and where to put a bird nest so the downey woodpeckers will like it.

Thirty posts and a new thread sounds fine.

Cheers, mr Bill
    [This Message was Edited on 02/27/2008]