What sleep meds help you??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fieldmouse, Sep 28, 2006.

1. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

Will be talking to my doc today. Will ask her to give me a sleep med. Just wondering what helps you?? Thanks!!
  2. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi...I take 2 ZMA capsules sold here. It helps me to sleep, and doesn't leave me at all groggy in the morning. Good luck! Ann
  3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Hi Fieldmouse

I've been taking Lunesta (Imovane in Canada) for two years. It works extremely well and I wake up refreshed. I find I also have to take a pain pill or I wake up every time I turn.

All the best

4. elliespad

elliespad Member

I use L-Tryptophan, an amino acid, 1500 mg. Your doctor can write you an Rx. that can be filled at any Compounding Pharmacy. Tryptophan should ALWAYS be taken with Vit B-6, and good to take a B-Complex, earlier in the day. Take your Tryptophan AWAY from any protein sources, as the amino acids will compete for uptake in the brain. I love the stuff.

Will also help with depression, anxiety and food cravings.
  5. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

I want to ask my doc to let me try some kind of sleep medicine but need ideas of what works for people with FM/CFS. Just to give me an idea of where to start. I know different things work different on all of us but a place to start would be great. Thanks for the replies so far. Very helpful....Thannks...Mick!!!!(bad bad typing day)
  6. Harmony

Harmony New Member

I have taken Klonopin (Clonazapam) as well for several years as needed for sleep and it works good for me.

Harmony
  7. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

Thanks to everyone...I really appreciate all the help!! Mick!!
  8. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

I looked this up and it sounds to me like it is in eht same catagory as lyrica which I already take so I am guessing I can't take both but will ask doc about it anyway...Tahnks agsin to everyone...Mick!!
  9. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

10. redhowdy222

redhowdy222 New Member

What is ZMA and wherer do you get it?
    Cyndee
  11. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

Its on this site under store....Look it up. I did....I think I might try it...Thanks!!
  12. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

I take a combo of things at night - Klonopin & Xanax (to help create a deeper sleep), Soma (for muscle pain) and Ambien (for actual sleep). And if i'm really having trouble i might need an OTC Unisom. That's the only OTC that has ever worked in helping me get to sleep.
  13. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Is; zinc, magnesium and vitamin B-6. I have been taking it now for about 5 years, two capsules at night before bed. I also take 50mgs of Xanax with about two hours after I take the ZMA.

ZMA is sold here at Pro Health, just go to the 'Store' link at the top of this page, put ZMA in the search box and it will give you some great information on it. It is wonderful for sleep as well as the pain of FM.

The price here is great, as it sells for almost twice the amount at a health food store.

Hope this helps.

Shalom, Shirl
  14. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I use Restoril 15 mg at bedtime. About every 4 days I rotate to Ambien 10 mg. I also take the ZMA.
  15. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

at night i take seroquel, which usually outs me to sleep. but if it doesn't i go with the ever reliable xanax. neither one is actually a sleeping pill but they work.
    rachel
  16. serenety

serenety New Member

i`m on Amitryptaline 150mg & i sleep right through.
    Serenety.