what specialists should we see? which have you seen?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Jan 15, 2006.

  1. Shannonsparkles

    Shannonsparkles New Member

    I was wondering which specialists I should ask to see to help with the DD? Which specialsts have been helpful to you? Thanks. (( ))
  2. daylilyfan

    daylilyfan New Member

    I see a Rheumatologist (sp?) once a year or maybe twice, and my family doc for the smaller ups and downs. My family doc is great.

    But now that I have RSD too, I have started to see a physiatrist. I have only seen her one time so far. I am waiting to get a test done, then go back to see her again to get a treatment plan. She really impressed me. Physiatrists know about massage, physical therapy, accupuncture, all kinds of things. They know pain management, do trigger point injections too. I never knew about physiatrists until I got the RSD. She works with all sorts of people in pain.

    I don't know if many people her see one or not... but I did do a search on here for physiatrist and did come up with a few posts about them. If you do a seach on the web for it, you come up with the physiatrist's national site, and there is a LOT of info there.... and fibro is one of the things listed that they treat.

    good luck!

  3. elsa

    elsa New Member

    Really matters as long as they are interested, knowledgeable and very current with the latest treatments and research. I thought you are an FFC patient .... Is that not going well?

    My docs: Primary care physician, integrated internist, Natural Health and a Sleep Specialist (who I haven't really seen in a while, but needed for the sleep disorder diagnosis/treatment).

    Hope this helps ................. Elsa
  4. darude

    darude New Member

    I've seen a Rhuemy, neuro and internist. I am now going to see an Endo because of the pituitary . Endo would be for you with Hasimotos. Deals with thyroid etc. will let you know IF I find a good one.