What stupid things your spouse has said about your illness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by daylight, Oct 23, 2006.

1. daylight

daylight New Member

My husband just just won the Trophy for the "I can believe that you said that award". My daughters and I had just cleaned the apartment,done all the laundry,dealt with the pipe broking in our kitchen .... My husband proceeds to let me know that I've over reacted. I told him if hadn't let maintenance know that it was a emergency they wouldn't have fixed the problem until next week. Well when they did come to fix it maintenance agreed with me. Did my husband care nooooooo. On Sunday we brought my husband co-worker and his mother to church.My husband insisted that we walk to church. We also had them over for lunch. I thought that everything went well until my husband started drinking. So in a drunken stupor he lets me know that he can tell me anything because I'll just forget it in two minutes! Know today because he felt the need for me to walk I woke up sick again. My DH feels that the reason my muscle are showing atrophy is that i apparently just don't use them.
    Or maybe it's because I forgot ???????

Any who, I will forgive him yet again. I could really use one of those blow up Bozo punching bags right now.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/23/2006]
  2. Liz919

Liz919 New Member

The dumbest thing my fiancee has ever said about anything was when I asked him to do his only household chore, the dishes. The man never does the until there are no more utensils or plates or pots or something and then only does the load that will get him what he needs, unless I get on his butt that is. I asked him to do some dishes after work and he replied with "only if you do more laundry". The man knew I had stayed up all night in pain and had done 3-4 loads of his stupid laundry while he was asleep but apparently that wasn't enough. Grrr.
  3. monamea

monamea New Member

Hi Daylight, how about this one, I worked on Saturday loading firewood with our Son, I'm told by my Dr's not to lift over 20lbs because I keep getting hernia's, I've had 6 surgeries because of hernia's. On Sunday it was my birthday and I was so sore from picking up wood ( I didn't want my Son cutting wood by himself) that I couldn't go to church. So I told him that I am so sore and my stomach is really hurting and he say's "well you should hear how many things are hurting on me from working on the farm". I just about leapt over the counter, I wanted grab him by the neck and say " it's because of you that I am this way", he never has helped me in any way, the same with my daughters, they think that I am lazy and don't do anything. Before I got sick I milked the cows, laundry, cleaning,sold the stuff that we have, bookeeping etc. I know that he works hard but so do I, I finally told him that he just doesn't care about me and refuses to even read the stuff about fibro, lymphedema, etc. What a bull head!!!
  4. daylight

daylight New Member

My DH just got home and tried to pick a fight because he said that I was talking to low? What's up with that? I told him that if he wanted to argue with someone that he could just fight with himself. That way he could win the argument.
    Don't they understand that we just want to be appreciated for the things that we do in spite of this DD.We work hard and do go that extra mile and then some. Is it to much to be treated with respect? My DH is so mad now because we have no money for his beer and cigerettes.Poor guy ....he's suffers so.LOL
    Ya all hang in there . There's still hope that one day they may see the light.
    D.
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Have them watch the youtube video two people have posted as threads on the board. Perhaps they'll appreciate you and your "mild" case of the illness. You might want to watch it first though.

Breaks my heart.

Marta