What supplement has helped you most for pain ??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Mar 20, 2006.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi everyone~

Well,..... since I'm having very little luck getting anything prescribed that will help my pain.....
    I'd like to try the 'au naturale' route :)

What supplements are out there that really help diminish pain??
    I already take magnesium.
    I know there are others out there but have'nt searched yet. I figured I'd ask here before I research further.

BTW: is typtophan (sp?) for pain?
    or is it L- tryptophan? is there a difference.?

sorry for a million questions :(

I do apreciate any help~
    always.......
    Tandy
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

For more help~
    please?

There are others,..
    I've heard them mentioned but i've forgotten the names.

Thanx
  3. GwenGlo

GwenGlo New Member

Traumeel was mentioned by someone on this board a while back and IT DOES WORK (for me).

Gwen
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

I use DL-Phenylalanine, an amino acid. I take (2) 500 mg capsules day, but you can take more, just don't take late in afternoon as it may keep you awake. This is available in any health food store for around $10.

Also, I have been using L-Tryptophan 1500 mg. at night for 4 or 5 years, for sleep, mostly, but also good for depression, anxiety, and bt for pain. MUST take with Vit. B-6 so the Tryptophan is converted to Seratonin in the brain, and not the intestines. Take AWAY from protein sources, as the amino acids will compete for uptake in the brain.

L-Tryptophan is available by Rx. from Compounding Pharmacies, for around $60 at the above dose. I order mine online, without a Rx. Costs less, around $40-$55. I DO NOT RECOMMEND the brand Dr.s Best. It is crap in my opinion. I have used and recommend BIOS, Craig, Nokomis Nutrition, Litdke.

To address MOSTLY pain, I suggest the DL-Phenylalanine.
    To address MOSTLY sleep, I suggest L-Tryptophan, and then also GABA.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/20/2006]
  5. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Not all magnesiums are the same. Make sure it's Chelated Magnesium. It is the most absorbable kind. Within 30 min. it take the muscle tightness away. Traumeel is also a great one!! Detox bathes (look up by my name) are great for pain and fatigue.

Prickles-Try buffered vit c. It's such an important antioxidant that I wouldn't want you to go without. Nutricology makes a good one.

Detox foot pads helped me also. (www.essencepalace.com)

Hugs,

skierchik
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

Now I have a start,....!
    I'll look into all the above mentioned.
    The first one ellispad mentioned is the one I was trying to remember. (starts with a Ph) ???
    I'm not even sure what kind of magnesium I have right now?
    good point.

I may try the traumeel.
    I almost ordered some when all the hype about it was being discussed here by Chocolate. (but something stopped me)
    Have a good day everyone~ and again,.Thanks!

:) Tandy