What supplements do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SpiroSpero, Aug 5, 2006.

1. SpiroSpero

SpiroSpero New Member

Hi!

Well I'm new to this message board but I'm glad that I have found it. I have CFS and some problems with my nerves (probably because of a low threshold potential). Lights are often too bright for me, noises are too loud and people are very irritating for me (as long as I'm at home no problem). My nerves feel like not having regenerated for years :) and there are other symptoms as well.
    I first thought of mercury as the cause but it seems that mercury is just one part. I take Whey protein, Calcium Ascorbate, Glutamine, Vitamin E and NAC in order to raise Glutathione levels.
    I read that magnesium is a good way to raise threshold potentials. I'm about to order some magnesium, NADH, Tyrosine, Creatine and Arginine but I don't know what form would be best (e.g. L-Tyrosin or Tyrosin combined with folic acid). It would be nice if you could tell me what supplements you take or recommend and if they had an effect on you.

Greets

Manuel
  2. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

and you will get lots of info. I use magnesium, calcium and malic acid, zinc, ginko biloba (don't use if on blood thinners though), 5HTP, garlic and the shake (lots of info on this, do a search). It really depends on what symptoms you have. Anyway welcome to the board.

Sue
  3. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Hello Manuel ... I used to try a lot of different things .. now I stick with just a few that I know make a difference .. good old vit C .. extended release .. 1000mgs
    CoQ10 .. 100 mgs ..... B complex ... they get me through days I must get some things done.
    It is such an individual set up for each persons biochemistry .. it takes a bit of experiementing to find the right ones and combinations ..
    Good Luck
    Joy : )
  4. SpiroSpero

SpiroSpero New Member

Hi Joy,

well that's so funny. Vitamin C helped me too. I just ordered a lot of new supplements but we will see and I will inform you all about their effects.
    I took Whey Protein+Vitamin C (Calcium Ascorbate)+Vitamin E+Coenzym Q10 about 1 month ago and soon I had one day where I thought that I would leave CFS behind. I felt so much energy, mental and physical, I even told my mom that I would get healthy again. That day returned my hope and I'm absolutely convinced that I can get healthy again.
    However that was just one day and unfortunately the effect didn't last. I catched a flu or sth. 2 weeks ago and haven't recovered yet.
    Our kitchen shrink looks more and more like a chemical laboratory ^^
  5. SpiroSpero

SpiroSpero New Member

Hi Sue,

do these supplements help you and what effect do they have? How much magnesium do you take and when?

Greets

Manuel
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I take lots of supplements but the ones I NEVER miss are

CoQ10
    B Complex
    B5 for sore feet

at night - magnesium, zinc, B6

love Rosie