What Supplements or RX for muscle pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by needanap, Jun 27, 2003.

1. needanap

needanap New Member

Fatigue & Muscle pain are my main complaints. I walk, do stretching exercises and use moist heat. Nothing seems to help the muscle aches. What do you take - prescription meds, supplements, or both? What are they?
    Thanks to everybody, I lurk quite frequently here and learn alot.
  2. needanap

needanap New Member

3. needanap

needanap New Member

4. tandy

tandy New Member

Magnesium is highly recommended~ I believe the dose would be up to 500mgs.(possibly less so start out slowly,then add more if needed)Some people get diareah on high doses.....so when i got to that point...I cut back down my dose and now i'm fine.And its helped my achiness enough to where I would'nt be without it! Give yourself some time on it to see if its gonna help out.It took at least 3 weeks or so for me to feel a difference~
    And a good prescription muscle relaxer is flexeril 10mgs.
    Or soma.(soma is stronger)Hope this has helped some!
  5. needanap

needanap New Member

Thank you so much for your answer. I'm taking magnesium but not that much. I think I will slowly increase it. As for a muscle relaxer, I take zanaflex. It helps the tension for me but not the pain. Thank you again.
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

me again~ how do you like the Zanaflex??I ask because I've heard of others here that take it for pain.I asked my dr. about it and she said she'd be willing to give me that instead of my usual Darvecet and Flexeril.I don't know what would be better??? Do you find its strong??doe's it help you sleep and get rid of some of the pain?just curious~ Thanks!
    :) Tracey
  7. Lana56

Lana56 New Member

Hi
    I take flexeril and antidepressants and it helps the pain a lot.I have had times I could not function at all and this has helped.I take flexeril(muscle relaxer) and Trazadone,Wellbutrin,Celexa,and buspar-all antidepressants.Hope you can find something that will help you.Good luck Lana56
  8. needanap

needanap New Member

Thanks for all the advice. I'm gonna try them all.

needanap
  9. laeaurra

laeaurra New Member

Calcium is also helpful for the muscles. Myhusband developed a calcium deficientcy a fe w years ago and had horrible muscle spams. Calcuim and magnisum. Xanaflex works best for me as a muscle relaxant, better than flexiril did and before that I wa son Skelaxin which worked well when combined with ultram but as I am building a tolerance to ultram I need stronger muscle relxant and switched to the xanaflex.

electrostim, massage and heat have helpedd with spasms also.

L
  10. laeaurra

laeaurra New Member

Calcium is also helpful for the muscles. Myhusband developed a calcium deficientcy a fe w years ago and had horrible muscle spams. Calcuim and magnisum. Xanaflex works best for me as a muscle relaxant, better than flexiril did and before that I wa son Skelaxin which worked well when combined with ultram but as I am building a tolerance to ultram I need stronger muscle relxant and switched to the xanaflex.

electrostim, massage and heat have helpedd with spasms also.

L