What tests can rule out what???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by reckabek, Jul 10, 2006.

1. reckabek

reckabek New Member

Should i have the DR rule out everything today, when i go? I havent officially been DX'ed yet w/ fibro, but we think its that...since i have the mystery history...but this new muscle ache developement, makes me wonder if its something new, different, more threatning??? i wonder if we should rule out things??? what tests would we do?hmmm...my regular blood work, plus thyroid and hormones was fine...i dont know what to do....thanks beck
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

If you type "FFC test list" into the search box, you'll come up with the names of some tests that the FFC runs for people with our symptoms. They rule out such things as lupus, rheumatiod conditions, several viruses, lyme, vitamin defficiencies, and hormone imballances.
    ((beck)) Shannon
  3. reckabek

reckabek New Member

SED RATE, ANA, RAF
    is what they ran today,i wonder if that is alright?
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...early on helped rule out things like Parkinson's, MS, Lyme, etc. This woman ran every test in the book (MRIs of brain & all regions of the back, spinal tap, EMGs, bloodwork) because my early FM symptoms were mainly neurological (tingling, twitches, etc.) I had very little pain initially, that came later, and actually was never as noticeable as the neuro symptoms.

While this neurologist, like many, didn't "believe" in FM, she actually did me a favor, though, by ruling out everything else I had been wondering about. Then I was able to move on to a rheumatologist, but was very glad to have had those tests run just to rule certain things out.

Good luck!

Hugs,
    Pam
  5. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

My old rheumy that dx'ed me said he ran every arthritic test known to man. Some of the blood work had to be sent out to other states because they are the only places that handle some conditions. I believe there are a few that people have mentioned on this board that are not checked by all doctors, but you should find out what those are and make sure he checks for those next time you go to see him. When I went for my visit the rheumy scared the bejeezus out of me. He told me that there was a good possibility that it was Lupus. Then he said his other guess would be Fibromyalgia. Well I dont want either of them but ill take the FM over Lupus anyday. Good luck with your test results.

Take Care,
    Stephanie