What tests should i be asking for?CONFUSED!!

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by daftlass, Dec 29, 2008.

1. daftlass

daftlass New Member

Hi,
    I have taken a whole range of antibiotics and antivirals but the one that really helps is DOXY.I have been on it for 6 months.I have had a blood microscopy that showed a whole range a stuff but my doc says he cant diagnose lyme from blood microscopy.What should i be asking for in the way off tests i want to be specific as i dont want to get fobbed off!!.Its hard in the uk to get any serious help.
    Thanks for reading any advice would be great.
    Regards ,Justine
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

You should probably go to www.Igenex.com and read about "What tests to Order". I believe you have to be off antibiotics for a certain period of time before the test, maybe 14 days.

I am going to have the 6050 panel done, along with the 488 and 489, 31 kDa epitope tests for people with viral issues.

Also, I would recommend reading Dr Joseph Burrascano's paper titled "Advanced topics in Lyme Disease-Diagnostic Hints and Treatment Guidelines for Lyme and other tick-borne Illnesses" ,Sept 2005. If you Google that you should be able to find his paper in pdf version.

Also go to www.ILADS.org and scroll down to their Guidelines for Management of Lyme Disease and read that.
  3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

I don't think you will receive any NHS treatment for Lyme; my GP won't even discuss the things Dr AW found in my blood. My NHS Lyme test gave a false negative; it is notorious for doing so.

There are only about three LLDs in the UK, all private. You might want to join the Eurolyme board for help:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/EuroLyme/?yguid=55954537