What Tests Should My Doc Run??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ishy75, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Ishy75

Ishy75 New Member

Hi All,

My doc is finally back from vacation and I was able to speak to his nurse today. As some of you know my doc gave me the diagnosis of "more than likely FM" not too long ago. He did some lab work but mostly focused on the pain he could SEE which was my back spasms and tried to treat me for the dizziness, to no avail. I don't want to take "more than likely FM" as a diagnosis without having all the tests to rule everything else out. I am not sure how knowledgeable my doc is about FM so when I go Friday to see him I'd like to know what labwork and/or tests I should make sure he runs for me to rule other things out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Big Hugssssssssss.

Ishy
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  3. andyM

andyM New Member

Yeah, I am curious about this too if anyone knows? I too want to make sure I have had all the proper testing before settling for the FM diagnosis.

(Though with my symptoms as long as I have had them, I think I would be dead by now if it were something else. LOL)
  4. Ishy75

Ishy75 New Member

Bumping yet again for Andy and I :eek:)
  5. Ishy75

Ishy75 New Member

Hmmm maybe nobody knows??? lol. :eek:)

Ishy
  6. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

This question was recently asked and is probably
    on the third or fourth or fifth page. You can do
    a search in the search messages box or look further
    back in the archives. I don't think it got too many
    answers, but I answered and someone else.

Personally, I want to be tested for Lyme Disease.
    I wasn't aware that you could get it without having
    the bull's eye rash and since I live in the worst state
    for it, I want to rule it out.

I also would like mycoplasma testing and
    hypercoagulation tests.

Good luck,
    Lynn
  7. andyM

andyM New Member

DO you know what the name of the old thread was?

Anyone else have any other answers?

Thanks so much

8. Ishy75

Ishy75 New Member

Thank you Star..I couldn't find it myself either..I've written everything down and will bring it all up to my doc Friday. Thank you!!! Big hugsssssss

Ishy
  9. andyM

andyM New Member

I must be either stupid or blind b/c I just did a search and still cant find that other thread. Could someone kindly paste the URL of that specific thread or bump it up or something.

Thanks for helping me and pardon my stupidity today. :)
  10. Ishy75

Ishy75 New Member

I bumped it up for ya Andy..The topic starter was starbright1m..Not sure what page it will be on when ya get here to check for it as it moves pretty fast here..lol..Hope it helps...Good luck..Big hugssssss

Ishy