What the heck is this HORRID PAIN?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Aug 30, 2005.

1. It is in a weird spot, under the cheeks of my butt but off to the sides. I wonder if we have bursitis points there? It is sooooo painful. Anyone experience this wonderful NOT pain?
  2. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I get that pain occasionally. It's really deep into the buttocks. Feels like you've been kicked by a horse.

It never seems to last very long...maybe a couple of days for me.

Eileen
  3. one of the worse pains . I HATE THIS DD!
  4. elsa

elsa New Member

The area you are describing is a fibromyalgia
    "trigger" point. If you have seen a chart that maps out the triggers .... you will find this one around the hip area.

Just love those trigger points ... The ones in my neck, forearms, shoulders and hips ( buttocks ) rarely go away. The other ones seem to turn on and off depending on my activity level.

Hope this helps .... doesn't make it stop hurting, but you at least have an explaination for it.

Take care,

Elsa
  5. bisou-mom

bisou-mom New Member

Piriformis? Pirriformis?

It's a sciatica, caused by a tense muscle, the pirriformis, which is in your butt right where the sciatic nerve comes out. It can be really bad for dancers, or ex-dancers.

Apparently in some people the sciatic nerve comes out THROUGH this muscle instead of under it, and when the muscle gets tense, it irritates the nerve. So it can hurt on stairs, or driving, or just sitting. Sometimes it is absolutely excrutiating.

Rolling on a tennis ball to massage that muscle can help, but it is also painful.

Don't know if this is what is bothering you or not, but I have it and bursitis, and of the two it is much more intense.
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

That the muscles that tense from the fibro can wrap around the sciatic nerve.I've had it for years,not fun,but what part of fibro is?.Hope you feel better!Linda
  7. hehmommy

hehmommy New Member

I get that horrible pain every once in awhile too and it just kills me. My doctor also told me it was related to my FM. Just another pain to add to the long list. I actually use an ice pack for the stabbing pain and then sit on a heating pad after that calms down. It helps. OUCH!!

Trish :)
  8. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

I get this sitting in the car. Hope you have found something to ease the pain now.