What The Scriptures Say About a Friend

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by PoimaeHopkins, Jun 24, 2007.

1. PoimaeHopkins

PoimaeHopkins New Member

What The Scriptures Say About a Friend

Proverbs 17:17 17 “A friend loves at all times, And a brother is born for adversity.”

Proverbs 18:24 24 “A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.”

Proverbs 27:6 6 “Faithful are the wounds of a friend, But the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.”

Proverbs 27:9 9 “Ointment and perfume delight the heart, And the sweetness of a man's friend gives delight by hearty counsel.”

Proverbs 27:10a 10 “Do not forsake your own friend or your father's friend…”

Proverbs 27:14 14 “He who blesses his friend with a loud voice, rising early in the morning, It will be counted a curse to him.”

Proverbs 27:17 17 “As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.”

John 15:13-17
    13 "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
    14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
    15 "No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.
    16 "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 17 "These things I command you, that you love one another.”

Matthew 11:19 19 "The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' But wisdom is justified by her children."

James 2:23 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." And he was called the friend of God.”