What Time Do You Wake Up?/What Time Do You Go to Bed?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Oct 22, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello all:

I force myself to bed at 9:30 each night and wake up at 6am.
    I do not get myself to do any activities until 11am.

Just curious: do you have a set bedtime and wake up time?

nyrofan
  2. waxdiva

waxdiva New Member

Bedtime is 9 pm...Wake up at 5 am...
  3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I've read that it's much better for the adrenals to go to bed by 10 p.m., but it is unusual for me to go to bed before midnight.

Perhaps this post will encourage me to stick to the plan for at least a few nights and see if it makes a difference.

Oh, but if I have to set my alarm clock (even if it's for 11 a.m.), it makes me so anxious that I am usually unable to get a good night's sleep at all.

I don't know why. It's not like my alarm even has an unpleasant sound.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/22/2006]
  4. jaltair

jaltair New Member

What I've found is that regularity with sleep patterns is the most important thing; i.e. go to bed same time and wake same time every day. I do allow myself to "sleep in" on weekends, but I'll generally wake by 9:00 AM. During the week day, I'm up by 6:30 A.M. as I have to work.

Also, a good, solid, without interruption, 8 hours of sleep is needed to fully rest.

My medication helps. When I was first Dx with FMS the doc put me on Neurontin, an anti-anxiety med, and Ultracet. This is the formula I've stayed on and that helps to get the solid 8 hours in most of the time.

5. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

I usually fall asleep somewhere between 1-2AM and wake up at 9-10AM. I am never functional until noon though, and half the day is already gone by that time. -_-

If I get woken up before my 8 hours are up, I could easily start the next world war with my parents...or whomever/whatever woke me up. Really. I'm horrible. And don't bother talking to me once I've woken up either...wait a few hours if you don't want the death glare of dooooom.
  6. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I go to bed between 9&930 and I wake up at 3.a.m. go to the bath room go back to bed it takes me awhile to go back to sleep then get up at 6a.m.
    same on week-ends I love the morning, to watch the sun rise.its just good for me. sixtyslady
  7. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

I usually go to bed about 10 p.m., wake up around 2 a.m., often stay awake a couple of hours, up and do something so I am not just lying awake, then go back to bed. I usually get up about 6 or 7, eat something, and depending on how I feel I either stay up or go back to bed. Thirty years ago I wistfully remember going to bed at ten and sleeping all night. I almost never feel rested now.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/22/2006]
  8. evol_or_revert

evol_or_revert New Member

I used to sleep 9pm till 10am.

Now I generally sleep 10.30pm till 9am. I dont have a set time as Im a student so pretty much do what my body tells me to do.
  9. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

earlier if I'm tired.A couple of years ago I was wide awake before I took my sleeping pill.Now I get tired-maybe it's the morphine.Anyway,I'm up between 2 and 4 because of pain.I sleep until 4 but wake up many times
    I can take my morning meds at 4.I've found if I do take meds at 4 ,when I wake up again at 8AM I don't hurt as badly.anyway between 5 and 8 it's not solid but I only wake a few times.......you asked! Linda
  10. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello all:

After reading all of the posts I am convinced that sleep does have something to do with FM/CFS. I sometimes have doubted it, but based on my experiences and after reading yours i am convinced their is a real correlation.

nyrofan
  11. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

... and so I never feel really adjusted to where I am. This morning I saw a little pink glow starting in the sky in the front window instead of the back window, and I figured in my haze that I was seeing "a reverse sunset." It was ACTUALLY a sunrise, the first I'd witnessed in a couple of weeks.

I spend a few weeks as a day-dweller, then a few weeks on the night shift. No ammount of prodding, planning or pills can change it. Trying to change things just discombobulates the whole mess even further! Interestingly, I have a friend here in town with FM, and she also changes from sleeping days to sleeping nights on a three-week schedule, even with all the mega medication they have her on to make her sleep. She just has to go along with it too. I figure we may have some of the same disease factors going for us.

I try to adjust. As long as I'm getting SOME sleep, it's not too terrible. Only moderately terrible. Bearable. But I've got CFS to the point where I'm barely functioning, so it's nice when anything even kind of works.
    ((the illusive Z)) Shannon
  12. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i try to go to sleep around 10:00 that dont always happen then i wake up around 11:30 then again around 1:00 i have to get up and walk off the cramps in my legs it takes 10 min then lay back down watch the clock for about an hour fall asleep till 4:30 my alarm goes off at 5:15 for my husband and i usually get up around 6:00-6:30 and i get to do i every night yeah charlene
  13. suz45

suz45 New Member

I try as much as possible to stay on some type of schedule, I usually go to bed by ten, I sleep most nights pretty well. I get up to get my girls off to school at 6:00am..My older daughters bus comes by the house at 6:45am.

I have a difficult time with mornings at this time as the clocks don;t change until this weekend so is is dark for about an hour or more and it has been cold/damp here all week. Not helping with the wake up process.

Suz45
  14. daylight

daylight New Member

I'm in bed by hopefully by 11PM. I wakeup at 1AM,3:03AM or 3:35 (not sure why)then at 4:30 AM to make my husbands breakfast and lunch,then finally at 6:30 to get my daughters to school. If I'm lucky I go back to sleep for an hour but that doesn't happen very often because I feel bad about being home and not working. Must night I can't sleep because of the pain or my husband snoring. It's been said that he can wake the dead.
    Isn't insomnia great?
    [This Message was Edited on 10/23/2006]
  15. rockymtnmom

rockymtnmom New Member

Like pickles, if I leave it to my body, I get all perky at about 11am or 12pm. Then I can't sleep til 4 or 5. At six am I take my meds, hoping it will take the edge off the pain by the time the kids are up. I try to get up and hang out with then say goodbye to the kids at 7am, then go back to sleep when they leave and I have b'fast, etc, around 8:30. Many days, I don't get up again, even if I am awake til it is time for them to come home at 2:30, because I have to conserve every bit of energy to deal with them when they get home.

To avoid this craziness, I must avoid all stimulation close to bedtime. None of my favorite TV shows, no good books, turn off the light by 11 or 12. Then I usually sleep til 3 am, get a snack, go back to bed at 4, get up for meds at 6, kids at 7. Doesn't sound much better!?

On a good day, I limit my nap to 12 noon til 2:30.

Contrary to what the pain psychologist said, if I skip a nap altogether, I am so far gone in terms of overstimulation by bedtime that I don't sleep at all.

During better times than now, I TRY to keep good sleep hygiene by going to bed between 10pm and 12am, then the folllowing day nap for 2.5 hours midday and this works great.

I am in a severe flare now, I lost my nanny of 3 years to advance schooling, and for the last 3 months have been: 1st trying to go it alone, 2nd having the sickening realization that I can't go it alone, and finally desperately trying to find help. I have triplets who are 8 another child who is 6. It is a wonder I am getting any sleep at all right now!

That's the story - note: I am writing this at 12:42 am, already not doing too well with the sleep hygeine business!

Good luck - Kim
  16. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

Usually I don't go to bed until midnight or 1am. On the nights that I sleep well I wake up between 8am and 9am, sometimes earlier. Some nights I wake up a few times off and on throughout the night and eventually fall back asleep. When that happens I do not wake up feeling rested.
  17. kriket

kriket New Member

I go to bed around 4:30am and wake up around noon to 1:00pm. I am a night owl and I don't care how tired I am, I do not sleep very normal hours at all, but at least I do sleep for the most part when I do go to bed.

Kriket
  18. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

Nyrofan - thanks for the posting - very interesting.

In accordance with the idea that you should go to bed each night at the same time, I go to bed around 9:30. But don't fall to sleep until about 12 or 1. Usually wake up again around 3 or 4, then a little more sleep.

Lately, I have been using an eye sleeping mask - its nice.

Happy sleeping . . .
    N
  19. penstemon

penstemon New Member

I go to bed around 1 or 2am and get up around 10 or 11am. I used to stay up until around 4am and not be able to get up until sometime in the afternoon. But since I've been using light therapy, I've been able to regain some of my day. I wake up at 5 am and get a bit to eat. Otherwise, I'm too hungry to sleep very well.
  20. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I am pretty much the same as willow77. I go to sleep between 2:30am - 9am and get most of my sleep during the day. When I try to change that schedule I just get sicker. I have tried every sleep med known to man and still nothing works.
    People try to tell me to sleep on a normal schedule and it will make you better, like that is my only problem!
    Anyways, I let my body dictate my sleep patterns.