What time of day does your pain start?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Flaxen, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Flaxen

Flaxen New Member

I can go 4 hours in the a.m. before I take a pill..anyone else...the oxycodones used to give me false "energy" but now....tired and groggy. Thanks, F
  2. twitcher

twitcher New Member

the pain starts within 30 minutes and lasts all day, every day. I'm the worst on cold, damp, rainy days.
  3. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I didn't know it ended!

Sorry, but I'm in pain 24/7. Sometimes it's sort of like the flu...achy all over. Sometimes there are specific areas of pain...shoulder, neck, low back, knees, etc.

It will be interesting to see the different answers to this question.

God Bless.
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It's just different levels of pain.....the worst pain of the day for me usually is from 8am to 1:30 p.m. Linda
  5. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I wake up feeling run over, stiff and in pain everywhere. I must take my pain meds right away, drink coffee and take a hot bath just to get from my bed to the couch LOL
    Honestly that is true.
    I can feel ok after about an hour for a couple of hours and then its downhill from there. Usually by about 12:30-1 my fatigue is completely paralyzing so anything that I have to do for the day I get done before noon. Then I usually get a small burst of energy in the evening but my pain is 24/7 and has been since 2000.

Sincerely
    JL
  6. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

I do not have the extremely severe pain that some people here do, but it is present at some level all the time. Much, much worse some days than others. In general the better I sleep at night the better I feel the next day. Have to pace myself.
  7. Marta608

Marta608 Member

You mean that it ends for some people?

Marta
  8. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

Mine doesn't ever seem to actually end. It is usually really bad when I first wake up and then just depends on any number of things after that. Whether I can actually get up, if I try and do anything that day, the weather, allergies, lack of sleep. I'm beginning to think that just breathing can make it worse sometimes, but it sure does beat not breathing!!
  9. sisland

sisland New Member

AS above stated it never really goes away!! Mornings are worst!! I try to do some stretching before i get out of bed!...............................................................that seems to help the morning pain alittle bit! but worst time of day is 7am to 1pm after that it's tolerable for a few hrs do to Meds Exercise and hot bath!!

Have to really watch my activity level during the day to have a fairly good evening ! running errands can last for about 1 hr in the afternoon on a good day..............................sisland
    [This Message was Edited on 06/10/2006]
  10. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I hurt worse in the early afternoon through bedtime. I feel the best in the early morning hours.

TxSongBird
  11. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

I wake up around 6 am during the week to go to work. I am in pain by 10 am. I usually take my pain meds around 9 am--no pain meds take all the pain away, but it does help control it.

dawn
  12. mamaeagle0103

mamaeagle0103 New Member

My pain never truly ends. Just different intensities. Waking up is most definately the worst. Getting out of bed is so hard for me and my 3 and 5 year old are not going to understand nor do I expect them too. My morning pain is almost unbearable. We have the hepafilters in all the bedrooms and just the fan noise from those in the morning is horrible. I have to go through the house turning all of them off, get the house as quiet as possible. Noise in the morning is horrible, plain and simple. Here it is 9:00 am, been up since 6:00 am and I am still trying to wake up, get moving, do something. Still in tremendous pain. Can't take my pain meds because I lost my original pain doc and who knows what the doc I am seeing on wednesday is going to do, so I have to hold on to what I have left the pain that would send anyone else to the ER in an instant.
  13. cczub

cczub New Member

I'm in pain all the time... Don't get me wrong, sometimes the pain is very bearable but it's ALWAYS there... I go to sleep with it and wake up with it... I'm on ZERO medications since I have given up on doctors.
  14. marilynb

marilynb New Member

Although it never really goes away, just is less intense, at times.

As soon as I wake up, my meds are the first thing I do, after going to the bathroom.
  15. pam112361

pam112361 New Member

Sorry! I'm sure that's not what you were hoping to hear. I wake up hurting, hurt all day, and go to bed hurting. I take the meds that I have as I get ready in the morning and then as I need to through the day and try not to exceed my "recommended daily allowance."

When I do take my darvocet and ultracet together, it knocks the edge off enough to get me through the workday but by the time I get home, I'm whipped, hurting and have met my limit of "pain meds" for the day.

Hope I have success with my doctor today!

Hugs!
    Pam
  16. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

It does get worse as the day goes on and the pain meds wear off.
  17. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I'm like many of you...it never ends!

18. libra55

libra55 New Member

The minute I open my eyes in the morning.

Although some days are worse than others I am never pain free. There is always some level of pain.

Michelle
  19. cathugs

cathugs New Member

Mine is usually the worst when I first get up.
    I have to take my meds the first thing.

I work on Fri. Sat. and Sun., so I do my
    shopping and errands on Mon. By the time
    I get home I am totally wasted. I am hurting
    from one end to the other.

My feet are the worst. I have neuropathy in
    my feet and legs, my left foot is full of bone
    spurs and arthritis, and they swell so bad
    I have to wear flip- flops most of the time.

God Bless. cat hugs Ruth
  20. blueangel1957

blueangel1957 New Member

Mine starts right when my feet hit the floor after being
    asleep all night what little sleep I have been getting lately.I am so stiff and hurt so bad I have had a lot of
    people say to me you hurt that bad after being in bed all night...If they only knew what pain we all go thru with
    this Fibro CFS and other problems.
    Love,
    blueangel1957
    Rita