what to ask for?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by djnor, Nov 11, 2008.

1. djnor

djnor New Member

I am due to go back to my doctor for a visit (11/24) to follow up on blood test done- trying to determine why I am so very fatigued-have been diagnosed with FM, hypothyroidism (total thyroidectomy). The PA for the rhuemotologist I see will not give me a straight answer when I ask so what if the blood test come back within normal range? According to the results I have seen-I got a copy for myself- everything is in normal range my question is what do I need to ask him to do next to help find the cause for the fatigue?

Thanks for your help.
  2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

My sister was extremely fatigued and her blood test showed low potassium levels. Supplements brought her right back to normal. Just a thought.
  3. VeniceQueen

VeniceQueen New Member

I have fatigue due to fm,cfs. The only thin that came back slightly low was b12 and adrenals. My dr. has me take a multi vitamin, coenzyme b complex, pyridoxal 5 phosphate and amitriptyline. I take the amitriptyline for sleep problems-low dosage, no side effects. For adrenals he has me take a low dose of DHEA. The combo has really helped me with fatique.

Hope he can help you with the fatigue. How is your sleep?