What to do about nausea?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Apr 5, 2011.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Does anyone with CFS/ME/Fibro get nausea? Lately it's been an everyday thing and the gastro can't find a cause. Sometimes I think it could be from my inner ear, or brain - hard to tell.

I have Antivert (for ear & motion sickness) and Zofran for bad nausea. I really hate to take these and sometimes I do OK with ginger. But wondering if it's just me or if you all get the nausea too?
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

The past couple of months my nausea as been really bad. not sure why.

Peppermint tea really helps. I also have peppermint candies on hand.
  3. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

I had daily nausea for years when this disease first started,then it suddenly went away. Now it's back with a lot of gi problems.

The gastro couldnt find a reason for mine either. Maybe it's all those viruses were carrying around.

A couple months ago I had a bout with h pylori, it was horrible. I started a supp called mastic gum and it's helped a lot for that sick, sour stomach, heartburn. Might give that a try.

4. Puddleglum

Puddleglum New Member

I found a "ginger candy" at my local health food store. It has a small amount of cane sugar added to the ginger. I do not like ginger but this "candy" I can hold in my mouth allowing it to dissolve. It really helps nausea. Whole Foods sells it. "Reeds Ginger Candy".

5. MsE

MsE New Member

I wake up with it. Not bad, but there. It goes away after I've been up for a bit. It's just part of my everyday mornings.
  6. naomihyde

naomihyde New Member

Yes Yes heck yes. I have been majorly hypoglycemic for years but lately have been very nauseous, so much so that I had to have my husband stop along the way home and throw up several times on the side of the road. I hate being nauseous. I have Fibromyalgia by the way. I bought some nausea pills yesterday helped but irritated my throat LOL! I haven't tried Ginger and haven't ever looked for it. I plan on discussing this with my doc at my next app.

7. Elisa

Elisa Member

As part of my mission in life (I survived - but am disabled) - is to always warn others with nausea or headache to be sure they have carbon monoxide detectors in their home and to have their gas appliances checked etc. An HVAC or furnace person can check your home. Do you feel better outside your house?

Of course there are many many causes of nausea...inner ear or ear related, stomach and gut bugs, ulcers, and on goes the list.

Ginger tea, ginger crystals (at health food store), real ginger ale, peppermint tea (sipped slowly throughout the day - cold tea is okay too), coca cola syrup (at the drug store), some swear by carob powder, chicken soup (saltiness sometimes helps), probiotics (like Natren in water).

I'm sure I'll think of a million more remedies - I went through sooo many trying to help myself.

God Bless,

Oh...forgot this one - food allergies or food sensitivies - try eliminating the majors - one by one - wheat, eggs/dairy, corn, nuts, soy etc - can't remember them all (you can look on-line for a list) - some have trouble with just one group - they often eat that group alot - oddly. Sometimes it's the sulphur group - eggs, broccoli, etc. Must have something to do with detoxing the food group.[This Message was Edited on 04/06/2011]
  8. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Thank you to all that posted, I appreciate your thoughts and ideas. After 10 days of this misery, I went to our local hospital to be evaluated. My GI doctor is stumped. I have had nausea issues but this is going on too long. They ran bloodwork -all OK, except my WBC is low - I have had neutropenia for over 30 years. They did an ultrasound of my liver, pancreas & what is left from having my gallbladder out 3 years ago. All is fine, except that my tongue is coated and my taste is off. I say I have candida, so I'm on Nystatin - seems to help (next post).