What to do....another family issue/psycho boyfriend

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I will keep this short cause the letter my husband and I just recieved from my daughter's boyfriend was 5 pages long and in small print.
    He basically told us how we have caused so much stress on him and my daughter by making her choice between the 2 of us.(He told her to move in with him or he was gonna leave her)He said some hurtful things about our family and even had the nerve to comment on my younest daughter and how we should treat a child with a disability.I wish I could find a way to post it on here so you all can read it.I think we are dealing with a psychopath.The letter was written as if he was writing an essay for school.The bad thing about it is ourr daughter told him to write the letter.This was this past Tuesday,I just looked at it yesterday(Sat.).And to top things off she is with him at his parents home over a hundred miles away.I called her and asked her to read the letter.She was surprised and said she had no idea he was gonna say all those things.
    This guy really makes us nervous.He even had the nerve to email me once again last night.
    This is getting out of control.I think we may have to take that step further to getting a restraining order put out on this guy.What do you all think?
    Sheila
  2. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

my evil step father would write letters filled with emotional blackmail and then threats.
    you need your daughter away then take a restraining order.
    keep all letters/emails they will come in handy if it goes to court.
  3. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

This is my daughter's boyfriend only...Thank you God.She just went to spend a couple of days with him this weekend to celebrate a late Christmas and New Year's Eve.SHe comes home today.
    We made a copy of this letter and will make a copy of the newest one also.
    Once she is home and safe with us then we will look into getting this guy stopped legally.The problem we have with that is my daughter will not keep out of touch with him.She goes back and forth.One minute she is ready to end it,she says things like"Why won't he just leave" "I wish he would just find someone else".I am confused myself and I really don't know what to say to her that we haven't already said.
    I was in a relationship when I was a teen that was very abusive and I stayed too long.I understand the need to be with that person even if it hurts.But I had no family support,I felt alone and felt like this guy is the only peson that will ever love me.It's hard for me to believe that she feels the same way about this guy when we have been here for her.
    I can't wait for her to get home and safe with us.This stupid boy feels she is in danger here with us.
    Thanks for the help everyone.Oh, BTW...I take my daughter to see her psych. Tuesday.Should I take the letter and have her dr. read it so she can see what we are up against?
    Sheila
  4. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

My daughter and this psycho boyfriend are 20 years old.I know at this point I just want her home now.I am getting more and more concerned about this guy.As soon as she does get home and we as a family get to discuss this jerk,I will then send a letter to his mom(they don't have a house phone anymore just cell phones and I don't have that number).
    No more leaving it up to her to make choices for herself and her happiness.We are gonna make that for her today.As soon as she gets home.I am so anxious for her to get home.I will keep you all posted on how things are going.
    Thanks for the support,
    Sheila
  5. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

tread very carefully. my mum tried to tell me i will be coming home to get me away from my jerk bf but i couldnt take being told and ended up staying. i didnt come home til it was on my terms and not mums.

i know thats not how she saw it as i am a mother now but at 16 thats what it looked like.