what to do for a scracthy throat?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Jul 3, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

help! I have a tickle in my throat,and I have to cough, but it doesn'T HELP.

what,s good for a scracthy, throat its driving me up the wall.
    Thanks Guys
    Sixtyslady
  2. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

3. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

now I have phlegm in my throat . dies anyone have a good remedy for this.
    its so humid here our wimdows are all fogged over. and its been raining for a week.
    thanks for the info, will try
    pickles, I don"t know if we have that kind of beer,but I"ll look for it. thanks have a good 4th everyone . hugs Sixtyslady
  4. achy

achy New Member

Or,,,,if you like liquor..

one shot favorite booze, one tsp. honey, squeeze of lemon

This really works, and if not, you really don't care!!

lol lol

also horehound losenges...wally world or pharmacy sells them. tasty suckers

achy
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I've found it better than any of the handy pharma remedies. Ginger root tea w/ lemon and honey is good for phlegm. Tastes great too and can be kept in the fridge after for up to 3 days and keep topping it w/ water and fresh lemon. My old doctor actually gives out this recipe for colds. Works w/out the honey, which I skip myself.

Jeanne
  6. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Hot tea with honey and lemon works best for me.

I had a nun in high school who knew how to make "hot lemonade" with lemons, cloves, cinnamon and I don't know what else. I wish I had gotten the recipe from her before she passed, because the stuff was miraculous.

You'd drink 1 cup and within a couple of hours you'd sweat any illness right out of your body.

She had gotten the recipe from her mom at the turn of the century (she became a nun in 1917)!

If anyone has this recipe, please, please share!

Hugs,
    Madame Curie

7. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

can you tell me how to make the ginger root tea.I"m going to walmarts I"ll pick up a ginger root.
    Thanks everbody I"ve been gargling with warm salt water
    and I drink a cup of eldeberry tea. I"ll try just about anything , I have a phopia about coughing it makes me feel panic. thanks again Sixtyslady