what to do when can't take pain meds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by craftybabe1, Aug 20, 2005.

1. craftybabe1

craftybabe1 New Member

I have a problem that I hope someone can help with. It is that I have a problem with pain meds. I have tried Mobic and Celebrex and both affect me. Mobic makes me feel like there is a knot in my chest and makes me feel bad, Celebrex affects my heart and makes it flutter. I have to take Atenolol for that so can't take something that will go against it. Also, if I need something for pain I am allergic to many things now the ones I know I have allegic reactions too are Phenobarbital, Percocet, Lortab and also allergic to Pencillan. Don't know what I'll do if ever need a strong pain killer. Even Morphine makes me itch terribly. What other meds for arthritis help that I may try without side effects anything new....
  2. Musica

Musica New Member

warmth? It sounds funny because it is summer, but in the past week, warm (not hot) epsom salts baths feel really good. Or just warm/hot showers.

Because pain has so much to do with body tension, I might also suggest relaxation exercises. There are a lot of audio tapes, and even videos, that help you relax from toe to head.

Those are my suggestions. Good luck!
  3. kbak

kbak Member

I'm taking a licorice ticture for adrenal support. I read that one of the nice benefits of licorice, is that it helps protect your stomach if you take asprin. I take asprin at nite for pain. So maybe you might be interested in that if you want to take asprin for pain.

One thing to note about licorice is that if you have high BP you shouldn't take it because it raises your blood pressure. Which is fine for me because mine runs so low.