What to do when I've lost all hope?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KimDC, Aug 30, 2006.

1. KimDC

KimDC New Member

I've had a bad year and it just isn't getting any better. I've found a dr. familiar with CFS and I've found a wonderful therapist. I've tried dozens of medications. I've spent a year doing all the "right" things and I still struggle every day, all day to get through the day. Every night when I get into bed, I think "Thank god this day is over". Please, any words of hope you have so that I don't give up completely...
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Since you don't seem to be responding to anything else, you really could have undiagnosed lymes.

Were any of the test sent out to the Igenex lab, that specializes in lyme?

Are you taking any natural supplements??

A good place to start if you aren't taking much is to look under Stormyskyes post, for protocol i think??

I can bump it.

Hang in there honey, i had two years that were REALLY rotten, and just disappearred!

Now i'm rollercoasting up and down, some good and some bad.

Misty
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I feel so sorry for you and I wanted to send hugs to you and pray that you can find some hope and pain reduction soon.

Love Anne
  4. blondie123

blondie123 New Member

Please don't give up.I have been that exhausted with it all,and thought "i can't take it, but about the time i have had it, is when things usually take a turn. I live with this friggin pain everyday, some worse than others, and no one around me "gets it'.My 24 year old daughter drops her laundry off here, and I can barely do my own.I hear ya loud and clear, but if there is one thing i have found, it's that most people with fibro have been helpers to everyone else.have always been there for people, or the one to give up there last buck.I think some day we will get "ours'.One thing i have learned to do when i can;t take it anymore is Tell everyone around you you are flaring.. then pour a hot bubble bath with candles and light music ,and 1 decent size glass of wine.I rarely drink, but this combo has got me through the night.good luck, I have had fibro and now spondlytis for 25 years/ I am shot....but i am here.
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

You get up the next day and do it all over again. I am sorry you are having such a rotten time with this.

I was very sick and housebound 2 years ago. I have my ups and downs and stress is a factor for me.

I was lucky to find a good Dr that gives me the meds I need to function. She ran the right tests and sent me to other Drs that have helped me too.

My biggest issue is fatigue. At my worst, I was not able walk up and down stairs unless I did them one by one and hold on to the handrail. I lived upstairs at my mothers house.

Now I am much better, AS LONG AS I PACE MYSELF. Hang in there and I hope it it gets better soon. At least you may have the Dr issue solved, so many don't even have that.
    Carla
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Kim

You can buy hope. At least the HOPE plan by what's her name. Brenda Watson, maybe? Well, you know how it is when your brain no workee. Orange County's PBS station is selling a package of books and DVDs for $300.

H O P E is an acronym. H stands for fiber. Hmmmm. Maybe it stands for heaps of fiber. Oil is for fish oil. P for probiotics and e for enzymes.

Anyay, a lot of people are reporting good results w/ diet.
    See The difficult road to recovery by Rich Carson.

Raw food was healing to me by Alyssalyn.

My road to remission by Stormyskye.

Look at the profile from Xchocoholic.

And try the TV treatment Prickles reported. See my profile. Try the face tapping treatment. I think it was Fight4aCure and Skeesix that reported on that.

Lots of things to investigate. Good luck.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/31/2006]
  7. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Kim, I'm sorry that you are in this place right now. Many of us have been there just struggling through each day. I just want to reiterate that there is hope. Several people on this board are finding things that help. You have been given some places to start.

Try to take it easy on yourself. Don't spend all your time looking for answers or worrying about whether you are doing it right. Take some time for yourself; do nice things just for you.

Kathy
  8. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

Kim. I am saying a prayer that you will be led to something that GENUINELY helps you find improvement .

May I ALSO add that an IGENEX test for lyme is a GREAT investment ?!! Many of us here have been awfully ill for years and never expected lyme could be a remote possibility , yet in fact WE HAVE LYME DISEASE .

It is critical to rule it out via an accurate test . If you get an igenex test and have even two positive bands , consider lyme a strong possibility .

You might also get tested for : chronic CMV , Chronic EBV , or chlamydia. The evidence that we have points to underlying chronic infections as the root of our illness . If you treat the infections , your immune system may be able to get the upper hand and then you WILL
    feel better . Addressing the infections seems to be the best place to start .

I am praying you get some answers that help you turn the corner .
  9. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Kim I can understand exactly what you mean. Most of my days i spend sitting on my couch and by bed time all i can think of is thank god. this has been going on for two years now. I just get up every morning thinking today will be better sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. Enjoy the days that aren't so bad and keep the faith. Also I hope you have learned to pace yourself or nothing will work cause you are working against yourself. If you don't feel like getting out of bed till noon then don't and what ever you do don't feel guilty about it. Hope you feel a little better soon and like I said keep the faith. There are new treatments and tests being done to find the cause. Just believe......SueF
  10. smalone

smalone New Member

Look in the eyes of your beautiful daughter. That is what I do when I think I cannot go anymore. CFS is a thief but whe must keep going for our children's sake!
  11. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

KimDC:

I have felt like that sometimes: I pray and offer it all up!

And if I have to, pray some more.

In the beginning I was great at changing doctors, too.

Keep your head up!!!!!!

Here is a

((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

NyroFan
  12. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

{{{Kim}}}

I don't have any advice, since my year has been pretty much like yours. Just hugs and empathy and a shoulder to vent on if you need to.

I just keep on going another day because I refuse to give up and my kids need their mother, even as sick as I am.

Don't give up. There's always hope even when we can't see it right now.
  13. kirbycat

kirbycat New Member

Dear Kim,

I am so sorry that you are in a bad place now. I am there too. I wish it would all go away...but it's not, not now anyway.

Have you tried Mayo Clinic, they are supposed to have a CFS/fibro clinic, it think. Anyway they could do all the proper tests to find out what's really going on.

I have fibro and CFIDS and it's really no fun. I see others on here that have had it for years. I truly don't know what our future holds and it's scary.

I'm a born dreamer. I used to dream about taking exotic vacations to exotic places. Going to spas and see all of the wonders of the world. But now, I don't know if I will ever be able to do any of that. It scares me to think about the trips, much less the actual tours. What in a wheelchair!

I have, although, learned to conserve my energy and rest when I should and that really helps.

Have you thought about manning a drug/alcohol hotline? Or, for that matter, starting one yourself. Getting paid by a local treatment facility. You would be great at that!
    You could employ others to take it around the clock. You could do it from you home and tranfer the calls to your employees for their shifts. It's just a thought but maybe it's for you.

Keep on keeping on,
    Cathy

[This Message was Edited on 09/01/2006]
  14. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Stop and write down all you have to be thankful for and read it before bedtime.

It also sounds like you need to give yourself timeout during each day.Maybe 30mins of just quiet time medatate or just sit and close your eyes and rest.
    Put yourself first sometimes its really ok
  15. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

I understand how you feel. A few months ago I was about to give up. I couldn't hardly walk through the grocery store without getting worn out not to mention the pain. But I have found a combination of things that are working for me. One thing that helps is Micro Current if you can find a doctor who does it. I can't go a day without Metagenics Ultra Inflamax. (drink). I get Magnesium IV's. It's the same thing they use for Cancer patients.
    I also get novacaine shots where it hurts. That stops the pain for entire month. I take Aleve, Magnesium, Calcium and potassium at night plus a natural HRT from a compounding pharmacy. Which by the way makes me sleep like a baby and I had not slept in 2 years. I don't know if these will help you or if you have already tried them. But I feel like a whole different person. The other thing you might see if there is an Alpha Spa in your area. It is a dry sauna that helps relieve pain.
    K.
  16. psychoforkaatz

psychoforkaatz New Member

I am in the same place as you, lost all hope on a daily basis. Except I have lousy doctors, today was another example of ignorent doctors making it worse when you feel you've hit some balance. My best advice is to figure out what your limitations are and accept them. This isnt always possible depending on your family/financial situation. I am lucky in only one respect of my life, after years of struggling to survive on my own with no support, and losing everything, including custody of my kids, my brother took me in. I can now concentrate on just the bare necessities, such as doctor appts. I know I can only handle one outing a week, out of bed, out of the house, etc. I try to plan my needs accordingly. Appts, grocery shopping, visits with my son. If I try to do more I fail which makes me feel worse. If I accept my limitations, sometimes I can do something a little extra, like vacuum my room or bake brownies and it actually makes me feel good as if I've accomplished something big. Just try to do your best and be happy for the little accomplishments.