what to do??

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by EllyJune, Sep 6, 2011.

1. EllyJune

EllyJune New Member

I’m so glad I found this forum. I am from Belgium where we know nothing about CFS, and doctors who do research and find something, are not accepted. And thus diagnosis and treatment is the same as 10 years back...

I am looking for help because here in Belgium there is none. Just regular psychiatry and psychology, but nothing is done on a bio-fysical level!!

I hear people here talking about getting tested on TSH, human growth hormone, and cortisol and wish to know more, because I am SURE I am suffering from adrenal fatigue, and am heading towards CFS. I get muscle pain and swollen glands and the psychiatrist I work with in the hospital whishes to put me on a behavioural therapy-program where I have to get out of bed everytime I can’t sleep… Imagine!

We do have one excellent Belgian doctor who acknowledges that depression, CFS and ME are all inflammatory diseases caused by imbalances in the brain and omega-3 levels. I believe this is true but he is that much counteracted by his conventional colleagues that he moved to Thailand to put up a clinic and program according to his scientific findings. As you can well understand, I’m not in the financial or physical position to go to Thailand to get treatment….

So we in Belgium, are left to our own devices, with doctors who believe CFS can not be treated and should only be supported by therapy which is oriented towards progressive activation and acceptance. I am not yet there. I think I can turn this (whatever is going on in my body) around with the right methods, supplements, etc… only I seem to be the odd one out here.

What is a neuropath?? Where do you get all these stress hormones and things tested?? How?

The neurologist in the hospital did a sleeptest, said my REM-sleep is out of control (multiple awakenings) due to depression and told me to get therapy, whereas I’m reading on the net that cortisol can disrupt REM-sleep just the same and can be treated with pshosphorylated serine (if I got it right).

Can anyone give me any advice as to what I should do, which tests I should ask for, where I can go or get this kind of alternative treatments?

I have been suffering from extreme insomnia and exhaustion for a year now and on top of it, I have to figure it all out by myself...

[This Message was Edited on 09/07/2011]
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Welcome and you'll find there are many good boards here. I don't have CFS, but you may want to go on the ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Board here to see if you may get answers to your questions. Good luck and hugs.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Bon Jour; Guten Tag. Welcome to the board.

As 2cats said, there is a combined CFS and Fibro board. See the upper right hand
    corner for list of all the boards on this site. The board rules are also there.

You can read the board messages. You can also do research. See the top of the
    page "Research, News and Articles." If you want to take a break, you can visit the
    Chit Chat board to talk about kids, pets, theater, music, recipes, etc.

Best of luck to you.

Rock