What to take to help thease Sweats!!!!!!Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LITEFLAMES, Feb 16, 2003.

1. LITEFLAMES

LITEFLAMES New Member

Hi , I'm so blessed to find this board , you all have helped me so much ,had been searching for fibro board ect,
    Did see the post on how alot of us have thease sweet's ,beensick for 9 yr's ,Sweets started in june ,yes waiting for blood test on meno, But from what I'v read hear , its a differnt kind of swetting , someone said , thears no sweating under arm-pit's i cheacked & no sweating under the arms , just drenched every whear , not to get to personail hear , but even taking a s***, breacks me into one , live in ohio ,and the other day it was so bad i drove half way down the road with my window open ,it felt grate but i thought ,Oh my God this is not heathy,Have been taking 400mg of black cohosh , dosent touch it ,,, so please any other advise would be great
    thankyou all love cindy
  2. catgal

catgal New Member

Hi Cindy and Welcome to the Board! I am 53 and have been taking 1.25mg Premarin for menopausal symptoms for several year. However, the FM causes my body temperature to get out of whack, and often I get real hot and break out into a "wet" sweat, and this happens day or night and especially upon waking in the morning.

I know I am taking a high enough dose of the Premarin to handle the menopausal hot flashes--but these "sweats" are different and are caused by the FM messing up the regulation of my body temperature. I researched this and found it mentioned in the FM literature and several books on FM.

And, last year when I was diagnosed with advanced degenerative disc disease and multiple back problems, I was put on narcotic pain management. I found that if I don't take the Premarin several hours separate from the pain medications--that the pain medications interfere with the effectiveness of the Premarin, and I get the menopausal hot flashes and the FM sweats.

I don't know how old you are, but you could be going into menopause or be pre-menopausal. And Premarin or some other HRT (harmonal replacement therapy) will definitely help with the menopausal hot flashes and other menopausal symptoms--but not with the FM sweats....at least it didn't help mine.

I don't know what to do about the FM sweats, so I just live with it. If you find anything that helps--please let me know, and I will do the same for you.

Hope you are having a Good Day. Blessings to you, Carol...
  3. mellow

mellow New Member

A friend of mine had the same problem even in the middle of winter. She would be saturated because of the constant sweating. She was taking a combination of anti-depressants and one of the side effects was sweating. I don't know what meds. you may be taking but this can be a side effect of some meds. Menopause can cause this type of sweating in some people. Good luck Mellow
  4. LITEFLAMES

LITEFLAMES New Member

Hi carol ,
    Thanks for you'r input , Yes I had a hormone test 2 week's ago, will be calling Dr to see what's up , I'm praying its from menopose!!!!, I'd hate to think it's fibro & no help, anyway to answer you'r question, I'm 39 , will be 40 in march, around 2 yr's ago ,went to dr abought symtoms, thought wear related to menopase ,Dr said , I'f you'r not in full blown meno / the test would be negitive ,,,
    I'll call today
    Thanks againe to you and the others who put in info to me
    THANKS
  5. Bambi

Bambi New Member

wet, my p.j.s, hair and upper body
    mostly. I don't know WHY but lately
    I've been taking a hot bath before bed with a LOT of Baking Soda in it,
    around 3 to 5 cups (I buy the huge
    packages of it at Costco) and stay in
    the tub until the water begins to
    cool off. When I do that I don't wake
    up with those awful sweats and soaked. It's worth a try for you anyway and Baking Soda is relatively
    cheap if it works for you too. On nights when I just can't get down
    in the tub I do a head to toe wash
    in a pan with a really heavy concentration of the baking soda and
    my normal soap. Rinse well. That works too..?? I don't know why. Hugs,Bambi
  6. Rosesark

Rosesark New Member

Hi, i cant take hormones, but my doc found something that helps the sweats. I posred about it today, feb. 19th and named the medication. It is posted by Rosesark. Hope it helps. Rose