What to tell your family, friends. The ANSWER is posted here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IntuneJune, Apr 14, 2007.

1. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I was posting on another thread which was about Sjogren's Syndrome but my answer applies to all of us. So I put it here.

How many times have we asked on the board, "How do we explain how we feel to our husband, wife, children, co-workers, you-fill-in-the-blank."

I say very little about my medical conditions. Over the thirty years or so, I have found I get less frustrated at the other people. (I don't chance them saying something very insensitive) Let them think I am a little weird.

As I was writing this in that other post, a thought just came to mind.... :) :) :)

Since there is really no way for us to explain our way out of how we act, why not exacerbate the whole overall impression by dressing outrageously. I mean way out there.

Picture:
    An OVERSIZED blouse/shirt bright blue and white stripes
    A vest over the OVERSIZED shirt is optional (maybe dictated by weather)
    Hot pink poka dot shorts, (to our knees)
    Thinly horizontally striped tights (guys knee highs)
    Color of shoes optional as long as they are bright. Bells on the shoe strings would be a nice touch.
    Now, the hat. This is where all your creativity should blossom. Hey that might not be bad, decorate with flowers, guys, how about a soccer ball (the best sport).

For the hat, I might go with red (if the Red-Hat Society would not mind. I have not officially joined but when I no longer work I will.)

And now the final touch, an over-sized blow-up (colorful of course) hammer.

Now, look at yourself in the mirror, smile and go forth into the world.

My guess is we would be treated with a lot more respect than we are now and NO ONE would DARE think or tell us our syndromes are all in our minds.

Love, June
  2. 139864

139864 New Member

I answered you on the other posting :)
    hugs
    Brenda
  3. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

those are funny clothes? no wonder people look at me strange hehehehe just kidding.

good post
    Brenda
  4. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Well, besides the hammer and the hat, should we wear or carry other accessories?

June
  5. GigglePoet

GigglePoet New Member

Hee hee..so funny! don't forget mismatched socks and earrings.

Gigglepoet