What top 4 herbs/drugs help you? Please take Poll.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kholmes, Dec 12, 2005.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I'm curious about the top four things (herbs, drugs, therapies,..) you are taking or doing that you KNOW FOR SURE help you with your symptoms. Please indicate if you have CFS or Fibro or both, and list your top four.

I have severe CFS, and for me, they are:

1. Klonopin--helps me with sleep
    2. Seriphos (phosphorylated serine)--helps with calming adrenals;reduces cortisol output); helps me with sleep also.
    3. Tylenol--reduces headache and neck pain
    4. Raw veggie juices and wheatgrass shots--as often as possible (greatly helps with my mental clarity)

I am taking many other things--multivitamins, B vitamins, Immune Transfer C, COQ10...but the above three are the only things I KNOW are helping. If you're like me, you've probably spent thousands of dollars on pills or therapies out of hopes or desperation that they will finally be the key to recovery or at least to alleviating symptoms. I'm asking that you list 4 because that's the number of things that I know work for sure.
    Much thanks!
    Kholmes
  2. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I just posted something similar to this. I was asking everyone if they had any success with alternative medicine docs or chiropractors. Seems like what you said about spending so much money and not having any marvelous recovery. You just don't know what to believe. I recently got supplements from a chiropractor and I feel worse. It is tearing up my stomach. Good grief!

GBHope
  3. MamaR

MamaR New Member

1. Flextra DS-- helps my pain & inflammation
    2. Klonopin---helps me sleep (I am on 1MG at bdtime, but I cut in half most of the time)
    3. melatonin (when I don't take klonopin)
    4. ketorolac injections---severe pain (instant relief)

other herbs... aloe vera, estroven

4. spacee

spacee Member

Klonopin

Isoptin 240 SR (I have tachycardia)

Transfer Factor 4Life Advanced.

Ultram and Tylenol taken together mid morning and before dinner with the TF.

I used to take the Immune Transfer C and had very good results but this new one by Transfer Factor 4Life is alot cheaper $50 month as opposed to $150 a month. It seems to be helping me even better.

Transfer Factor 4life has 4 different "general" ones. I chose this one because it "modulates" the immune system. Others "stimulated it" and I feel like mine is "up regulated" too much as it is.

This is the least amount of things that I have taken in a long time and I am feeling pretty darn good. Right now I am doing 2 yoga classes a week and walking at least one hour. Will do more after the holidays and remodeling some of the house is done.

Spacee
  5. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

You might like to check out the web site RemedyFind.com - lots of people evaluate lots of meds. for lots of conditions. It make interesting and informative reading.
  6. peachbunnee

peachbunnee New Member

Prozac - depression
    Klonopin - anxiety and sleep, helps calm me down
    Ibuprofen - pain - one of the few OTC meds that helps me

Plus, multi-vitamin, vitamin c, garlic, cal/mag, probiotics and fish oil.

I have fibro and arthritis.

peach
  7. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Armor thyroid/ Klonopine / Dalmane (sleep)ZMA/CalMag (sleep)

Multiple herbs, homeopathics

I have Lupus, CFIDS, Fibro, thyroiditis, IBS & no brain!!

LIGHT*******carole
  8. km

km New Member

hi,i have tried many things 4 this pain but at present i take:klonopin,ZMA,ibuprofen,mulivit./min.&vit.c...my other meds are for deppression,fluids,stomach,and hormones.
    will be interesting to see more of what everyone is using.(especially if it is working!!!!)
    MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL & GOD BLESS...
    thank-you,km
  9. twerp

twerp New Member

is the only thing I take which I can definitely say helps me. I take a lot of other vitamins & supplements, but I can't say whether they help that much or not.

However, if I forget to take the Klonopin, I definitely notice. I have CFS and it's the only thing that helps me with the lightheadedness which has plagued me since I got sick.

Hugs,
    Twerp
  10. snooker11

snooker11 New Member

interesting...pretty much everyone here who responded is on Klonopin. I am too - a low dose .25 but it helps with sleep and pain.
  11. kholmes

kholmes New Member

It's interesting how common Klonpin and NSAIDs (tylenol, ibuprofen) are so far.
    What about Noni juice, etc...?
    The catch 22 of this website is if people are taking things and have gotten well or have considerably improved, they probably aren't posting on the site anymore.

12. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

I, too, have severe CFIDS.

My top four are:
    1. Klonopin - 1.25 mg throughout the day, then 1 mg at bedtime.
    2. Midrin - for my daily migraines
    3. IgG injections - 10 cc biweekly
    4. SalonPas Patches - not really a med, but helps with muscle pain, especially in my traps and neck.

Jennifer
  13. tansy

tansy New Member

but these have certainly played an important role.

1 Zopiclone (lunesta) for sleep
    2 Samento (plus adjuncts) to treat infections, modulate my immune system, and reduce inflammation
    3 Natto (plus other enzymes) to treat coagulopathy and inflammation
    4 Probiotics

We all know what helps one may not help another, this can be put down to genetics and the various factors that make and keep us ill. Over the years it has always taken a combo even though I keep hoping otherwise.

Vitamin D3 and balanced electrolytes have been important, adding those seemed to bring about further rebalancing of my immune and endocrine systems. If I were starting afresh these would be a priority.

It took me a long time to find what really made a difference.

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 12/13/2005]
  14. kalaya

kalaya New Member

adderall-for energy and mental clarity
    Vicodin-for the exact same thing,I only take it once a week and I take 10 pills at once then get much more energy and feel very normal.Also it stimulates my appetite.Obviously I have a paradoxical effect to vicodin as do many people with cfids,fibro.
    Ginseng-for my adrenal glands and for energy.
    Eating organic-has made a differance in me due to my overly sensitive system.
    Beer-just kidding
  15. jane32

jane32 New Member

I just bought tons of new things to try and plan on taking one thing at a time along with what the FFC tells me to take. I figure by March I will ahve treid everything but for now here is what works for me-in no particular order.
    I have moderate to severe CFS (so I am told!)

1. Melatonin-sublingual by source naturals-2.5
    2. Dr. T's Fatigued to fantastic drink
    3. NADH-10 mg in morning
    4. Proboost-2 packets a day

All of these things have give me some level of normalcy.
  16. scrappnmom

scrappnmom Member

1: Pro Energy (Malic Acid & Magnesium)
    2: Flexeril (sp?) muscle relaxant
    3: Effexor XR
    4: ProBiotics

I take a bunch more but these are for sure helping me and at the top of my list!

I also see a wonderful Chiropractor! I couldn't live without him!
  17. kholmes

kholmes New Member

18. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

My top meds that help my FMS are:

Prozac 20 mg.
    Xanax .5 mg. 3 x a day
    Diclofenac 100 mg. 1 x a day
    (I take Cytotec 200 mcg. with the Diclofenac to protect my stomach)
    Lortabs 10/500 mg. as needed

This is it for my list for FMS. I take other meds for other problems. A lot of dietary supplements cause me severe stomach pain due to gastroparesis that I have. I do take vitamins and cinnamon capsules, though, for other reasons than FMS.

Hugs,
    Faye
  19. jakeg

jakeg New Member

neurontin for nerve pain worked great for 4 monts then I developed a severe rash. Can't take it any more hope to find a replacement soon as I'm right back where I started severe pain all the time.

vicodin for pain. takes the edge off off the pain but its still there. If I double dose makes it just about unnoticable, but then I tend to overdue things and pay for it later
  20. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

1/ Amitryptilyne
    2/ Synthroid
    3/ Oxycontin time released
    4/ Flexeril

Non medicinal
    L-Tryptophan
    GreensPlus Energy
    Assorted supplements

One of the most helpful things is actually not medication nor supplement .. Yoga .. tailored to my individual needs .. deep stretching .. I can get out of bed and walk without that gnawing pain .. when I miss a few nights the muscle tension and pain is remarkable ..

Every one is so different .. it takes a lot of guts and fortitude to keep trying different things to find out what works for you .. when I stop trying .. it is then I know I am in real trouble.

Fudge : )
    PJ days and a bit of chocolate goes a long way too !!!