What tricks help you remember things?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Sep 23, 2006.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

I've had a bad couple of days, slowly getting better, but have had serious memory issues.

I keep my meds in weekly pill boxes, a different shape for night time than for mornings. Otherwise, I'd either take too much or not enough. That's one less thing I have to think about and worry about remembering.

I have even bought books that I realize, 25 pages into them, that I've already read. sigh.

I make lists and use post it notes. I even try to write down what gifts people give me and when and for what occasion, because it's embarrassing not to remember that sort of thing.

How about you? What do you do to help you remember what you need to remember?

Peace,
    Beth.
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

How are things down there in Spa-ci-fica?? Bet it's very
    soggy tonite! Is Cosmo doing well? Bet he really missed
    you while you were on the cruise.

If I have to remember a name, I go through the alphabet
    and when I hit he right letter, it usually kicks in. For
    Instance-- A B C D E F? F? FREDERICKA !! Yea! That's the
    ticket!! See how easy it is?

Hope it helps! Hope you like S.M. County. Sure you are
    glad not to be down South with those fires and all.

Stay Tuff, OK?
    MRDAD
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

BUMP
    I just naturally am a creation of rote. So I do certain things the same all the time. I develope these habits consciously, Keep tablet on table and write down what you need to do.

Otherwise at end of the day I remember that I was supposed to do something or call someone and it is too late.

Just add to and also cross of items as you go. Susan
  4. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have to write everything down .I keep a date book with everthing in it.I use to use post it note then Id loose them lol.

I also try to get real good rest it clears my fog a little if I stay rested
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

This is such a good question; yours, not mine.

Thank God for Postits, paper and pencils. I also like the calendar on my computer since I'm here often and it reminds me of things - if I remember to tell it to do that. My actual calendar is a maze of color-coded notes: hot pink highlighter for bills that are due, bright yellow for appointments or birthdays. I hope there are no other things to remember because those are the only highlighters I have!

Right now I have a red pillow sitting on top of my sofa (out of place) to remind me to find my red sweater. I use clues like that a lot and so far they work pretty well. At some point I hope I don't end up with nothing in place in my house and not a clue what they mean so I can't tidy up in case I remember!

Marta