What type of Dr. are you using to treat FM symptoms?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wowac31, Mar 15, 2007.

  1. wowac31

    wowac31 New Member

    Hi all. I have recently been diagnosed with FM. I have been in pain for almost 2 years. Finally after a few Drs. I finally received a diagnosis. My rheumatologist does not prescribe any meds. My physiotherapist, who I have been seeing for a year, does not even exam me when I tell her new symtoms. Just wondering if I should go through my family Dr. or find a new pain specialist.

    Any suggestions?
  2. Adl123

    Adl123 New Member

    Well, I have bad reactions to pain meds , so I go to an acupuncturist. My fibro pain is almost totally in remission, now. I've gone to him for about a year.
    A study recently came out from the Mayo Clinic recommending Acupuncture for Fibro.

    Good luck,

[ advertisement ]