What type of dr should you see to get dx?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jaynesez, Feb 10, 2009.

  1. jaynesez

    jaynesez New Member

    I was dx'd by PCP in 2006 with FM & CFS (was dx'd with CFS initially in 1998) however I've seen on disability advice that you should get a diagnosis from someone other than a PCP. Would you recommend a rheumy? or an endo? Thanks for anyone who has input!
  2. bobbycat

    bobbycat New Member

    Rheumy for Fibromyagia as you may need a Rheumy later to back your doctor up. Don't have CFS so can't tell you on that one.
  3. jaynesez

    jaynesez New Member

    if you check this post again can you tell me what your rheumy did for you? I have pain meds, so don't need those, I'd just like to see a dr. who I can discuss all of the other issues with. did he perform the 18 point test on you? Thanks again!
  4. Bxteacher

    Bxteacher Member

    My rheumy helped me get my SSDI by writing a very detailed report ..as did my PT, but ALL my docs had to send in reports & I had to go to SS docs as well.

    Good luck!

[ advertisement ]