What type of leg pain do you have?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srs7874, Sep 22, 2008.

1. srs7874

srs7874 New Member

What type of leg pain do you have? Is it dull and all over? Is it localized to certain "hot spots". Is it front leg or back leg? Calf or thigh or, like me, behind the knee? It is sharp or burning? This is a new symptom for me so I am curious. Thanks!
  2. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I don't have fibro leg pain. I do have RLS and I have CMP in the hips that affect the legs but as far as fibro pain, I can't say that it has hit there yet. I am sorry you are experiencing this. Have you talked to your Dr. about it? I also have to keep my ankles stretched out to keep the plantar fasciitis from yanking on my foot. P
  3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I get a lot of burning pain, pretty much all the time. They tell me that it's neuropathic but it only started after I had FM. I also getting stabbing pains sometimes. For a few months I had to walk with a cane because my knee was acting up. I also sometimes have trouble walking due to pain in my ankles.

I think that we get an awful lot of different pains. I don't even bother telling my Dr. about them all because there's too many to mention. I take Neurontin for the burning pain and I have my regular pain meds for everything else.

I don't think we'll ever be pain free, but my meds reduce things down to where I can function.

All the best,
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

My leg pain is more like an all over ache.
    sometimes it feels like I walked a mile or 2 when I have'nt done anything more than my usual.
    when they ache like this even rest does'nt stop the pains.
    I can lay down and still feel them throbbing,aching.

I also DO get the pain behind my knees.
    I was worried the 1st few times this happened because I had heard that blood clots in the legs can cause a swelling and pain behind the knees.
    Thankfully I've never had any swelling there.

I have extremely tender points that I can find on the outside of my upper thighs too. (feels like a deep bad sore bruise without any bruising)
    sound familiar at all?

hope this has helped :)
  5. kblackie55

kblackie55 New Member

i get a burning stabbing pain in the front of my left leg
  6. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

My leg pain is by far my worst symptom. Sometimes it feels like it is to the bone - like my legs have been repeatedly beaten. I would say that they almost always ache. Sometimes my hips are just as bad and I can't barely walk or support myself.

I have described it like being beaten like I said, like someone broke my legs then made to run in place with that pain, then they get or feel so tired. Then I get terrible muscle pain usually from the back of my calves all the way up to my hips.

I also have almost a 'sick' feeling in my legs that I have been yet to fully describe. Like I have a carsick feeling in my legs. Sometimes the pain/aches are so bad that I do feel sick.

Deep Intense aches, pain in the knees and hips. Aches I suppose would be the best word as opposed to stabbing or shooting pain for me - at least on a regular basis.

Pain sure is hard to describe isn't it? =)

7. luvdogs

luvdogs New Member

I usually have sore, painful calves, and sometimes thighs. I also have RLS. Lately, my legs haven't been that painful, but they used to bring me to tears.
  8. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I also get most of the pain in my legs. It is like a deep throbbing achiness that feels like it goes down to my bones.

I also have RLS and have just started with Mirapix which really helps at night.

But the all over achiness is so awful that you feel like any energy is being taken out of your body.

My joints do not bother me. Every once in a while I will get a hot spot on top of the pain.

I have FM but also CFS.

Take care.