What types of diets is everyone following???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Issa77, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Issa77

Issa77 New Member

I was doing the low carb thing - lots of fresh veggies (alot) and good lean protien sources. I really want to stay away from sugar and fast carbs. I have fallen off the wagon lately due to being so frustrated with the way I feel. When I was eating better I did feel a little better and I would take that over the way I feel now.

So I am just wondering what the rest of you are doing concerning your diets.

thanx
  2. SweetT

SweetT New Member

That also keeps your metabolism up (or boosts it). Even if you don't feel hungry every few hours, eat anyway. I love to eat, so that's no problem for me.

Go really light on the carbs and sweets. I find that if I cut them out altogether, I'll just wind up going on a massive binge anyway. Drink lots of water.

Other than that, take supplements----experiment until you find the ones that work. Usually, cravings mean that our body is missing a nutrient. Try not to eat more than 2,000 calories per day on a regular day.

That will at least control your weight. You've got to add exercise and further cutting of calories to actually lose weight.
  3. debhun

debhun New Member

See-food.
  4. Bethechange

Bethechange New Member

Hi Issa,

I can completely relate on the falling off the wagon. But, we can brush off the dust and get right back on! :)

I haven't eaten animal meat since I was in middle school, and a few years ago, I cut out as much refined sugar as I could.

I heard someone once say that you should eat like a king at breakfast, a knight at lunch, and a pauper at dinner. I check labels for sugar content and don't eat after 7pm. I drink tons of water with a little green tea mixed in for flavor. I try to listen to my body tell me when I need to eat, but that has been challenging lately as I get sad and want to eat not so healthy stuff.
    Take care.
  5. ask2266

ask2266 Member

No sugar, no white bread, no processed food. It's HARD though!
  6. gwenn-aelle

gwenn-aelle New Member

hi...i'm eating as doctor jean seignalet thinks it's good to fight against autoinmune deseases. the pain has disapeared in about 60 %. i've being following that diet for almost 2 years now.
    no gluten, no corn, no milk and milk products. no aspartam, no white sugar..
    i really feel better and started sleeping 6-7 hours by night..
    [This Message was Edited on 04/10/2007]