What vitamins and calcium do you like best??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, May 9, 2006.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

I'm not great at deciding which ones are good. Dr told me she takes centrum silver so I'm trying them. I hate!! taking pills let alone these very large ones we are forced to take. The calcium I always have to cut in half. I know I need some magnesium and the centrum has 400 mg in it. And I need vit.D cause I don't get much sunshine.

What kind do you take and do you feel it's helping?

Keke
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I take the Centrum Silver vitamins too. I take mine after dinner. My husband also takes them and I even have my 25 year old son who has diabetes now taking them.

What I like about them is they have no iron. The iron gives me a headache. My son probably doesn't need iron either and those vitamins have higher levels of certain vitamins that the regular Centrum vitamins do.

I also have diabetes and certain minerals and vitamins help lower blood sugar. My husband's doc told him to take a vitamin.

Problem with using separate vitamins is that magnesium tears my stomach up and gives me diarrhea. But I do fine with the Centrum Silver.

I don't get much sunshine either but I use Tums for calcium and try to eat yogurt each day.

It's definitely not hurting anything. ;-)

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. usanagirl

usanagirl New Member

Hello keke!

Let me tell you what I have found...because vitamins are not regulated by the govt, and when they are manufactured to Food Grade Standards instead of Pharmaceutical Grade, they are not required to meet label claim. My point is this...that 400mg of magnesium is only in the entire bottle, not in each and every pill. Frightening huh? That is why I will not purchase any vitamins at the stores.
    My health is far too important, so I purchase mine through a company(USANA Health Sciences)that manufactures to Pharmaceutical Grade Standards and I can tell a difference in how I feel.

4. millennia

millennia New Member

If you don't like the pills, you should try viactiv. They are like yummy chocolate candies that are calcium supplements. At this point I could proobably swallow a golf ball, I take so many large pills. But viactiv is a great option for those who can't.