what was I thinking?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chermione, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Chermione

Chermione New Member

I went with my (almsot) 8 year old on a cub scout trip to a science musuem, it was an over nighter and after all night of walking around this entire museum we got the "luxury" of sleeping on the hard cement floor in sleeping bags! Of course, at the time I didn't think it'd bother me that bad, but today I am SO sore and so tired. I feel like I've been hit by a mac truck. I guess I just can't be the kind of mom I want to be :(

2. kch64

kch64 New Member

I think person without FM would have a hard time with that, much less someone who has this illness.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Kendra
  3. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

THAT kind of mom. You went on a trip with a bunch of 8 year old boys, walked for an eternity and slept on the COLD HARD FLOOR! YOU did a fantastic job- you should be proud of the mother that you are.

You went out and made it happen and created some memories for your son, that he may never forget.

I say you go girrrrrrllll!

Now go turn on the heating pad... you deserve it. LOL

Take care Karen
  4. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i think you did great and your son will know you did great.

curl up on the sofa catch a good film and treat yourself to a fantastic bubbly bath :)

it could have been worse!! a leaky tent with the company of ants and beetles!! lol:D
  5. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I was complaining the day after a four hour bus ride on a trip with my son. I can only imagine sleeping on a concrete floor.

Your son will always remember this. It will be worth it to you, believe me.

Linda
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Chermione:
    Thank goodness you survived it. It just goes to show how important comfortable beds are to us. That was a nice thing to do for the kids. You sound like a wonderful Mom.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

shoot i won't even go camping and sleeping in a tent heck no...

jodie
  8. day2day

day2day Member

You should give yourself a pat on the back sweetie.

I also have a almost 8 year old ( this month he will be 8), we are not wonderwoman, we can only do what this DD allows us to.

I know it is hard not being able to be the kind of mommy you want to be, but I see alot of moms who are not ill and do so much less. I think because of this illness when we are able to do things with our young children, it is very special and makes our bond even better.

Alot of times what I do is will pick activites that are coming up and will make tenative plans without telling my son, I wait till the day of the event and if I am up to it, I will " surprise" him with the event. Right off the bat it puts us both in a great frame of mind, and we both have a great time!!

Please don't feel bad about not being the mom you could be, you are doing the best you can and that is the most one can do. We teach our kids to try your best, even if it is not perfect. I think this falls into that catagory :)

hugs day2day
  9. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

when my son was in 3rd grade - cement floor & all. No matter how long it took to recover for me, it was worth it. He still talks about how great it was. Also, this is the 1st time in awhile that I thought about how rough it was on me, I only really think about how much fun it was! AMY
  10. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Look what you did for your son! I think that pretty much sums up a "Great Mom" in my book.

Get some comfortable rest.

Sheila