What was your 1st unusual symptom?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilaclover30, Oct 3, 2006.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

i got to thinking last evening ---what was the 1st thing I experienced that was unusual and made me wonder what was wrong with me!!

One evening I was in my reclilner and flipped off my slippers. Suddenly my big toe on the right foot went "to sleep." I kept wiggling it thinking it wiould soon "wake up". It didn't. Then the other big toe did the same thing. I went to bed thiinking all would be OK in the morning.j When I got in bed, all the toes of the right foot "went to sleep".

As y ou all know nothing disappeaars.

Then I was sitting on my hubby's bath stool and decided to shave mky legs. (hadn't in ages)!!!! It hurt the front of my leg so I thought the razor was old and dull. I thrdew it away. The next time with a new razor, nothingt changed.k

You know "the rest of the story!"

I'd like to hear a bout your unusual experiences!~~~~~

Gentle Hugs,

Joan
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I woke up one morning with a stiff neck.It never went away.Than my shoulders started to hurt than my arms.

Thats how mine started..........Than my whole body was in pain and I could barley move......Left work ...........never to return again..........Now I'm on SSD ...........and LTD.

Never thought it could happen to me..I never stopped now I have no choice cant do much.

Hugs
    Sue
  3. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

We never think it ciould happen to us -----this unknown disorder. But----I am 75 so I guess i shouldn't complain (but I dio!!!!!!)

But we do and we do our best, don't wek.??

God Bless and Gentle Hugs

Joan
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Fatigue. Unrelenting fatigue that never went away except for a brief remission later that year. Since I was so new to CFS, I thought I was cured!

HA.

Marta
  5. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Hurt-all-over-all-the-time-without-ceasing pain! Then fatigue. Want to sleep all day. Partly to escape the pain, but also just bone tired.

God Bless.
  6. QueenieWong

QueenieWong New Member

Mine was a burning pain under my right should blade during an aerobic class when I was about 30. I cut back on exercising, tried again and again and again and again to cut back. It never went away and now I have pain everywhere. It's been 23 years and still have pain, don't even lift a broom.

Sorry, guess I'm feeling sorry for myself today.

Take care & keep smiling,

Vicki
  7. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I had a horrible flu.. high fever etc. (turns out it was Epstein Barr..)
    I never got better.. The first real indicator that this wasn't just the flu was walnut sized lymph nodes.. Mono-
    Never got completly better!
  8. maedaze

maedaze New Member

I remember years ago that I would go to bed at night fine and then wake up in the morning like someone had given me a good thrashing. I used to joke that my husband would beat me up in my sleep! I would feel so bruised and sore and just no energy to cope with for the day.

That happened on and off for years before it really took over my body and my life and I realised something must be wrong.
  9. Manaleon

Manaleon New Member

Mine was costochodritis and muscle spasms that started one night and then the next day I woke up with a strange cold that went from my head down in a few hours......
  10. MsE

MsE New Member

I was on a trip with my daughter and came down with one of those "airplane colds." That was the end. I knew something was seriously wrong when, a few days later, I could hardly stand because I was so exhausted.

To make matters worse, brain fog set in. It was nasty.
  11. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I was 25 and had my first child. I was struck by the most intense vertigo in a store, everything was wobbeling. Lights, sounds- the sensitivity was very intense. About the same time I developed this gastro problem where I had the runs daily for 2 hours every morning.

These were the very first signs. About the same time I took one really hot bath to warm up, and had a severe reaction where I went paralyzed and had to crawl on my tummy, I was shaking and extremely weak- my first heat intolerance reaction. I've had this since.
  12. woofmom

woofmom New Member

This wasn't my first symptom, but it was my most unusual. About a year ago a vein under my left eyebrow started to swell. It got kinda' big. I had it checked by an eye surgeon. He said it was very unusual, but people did sometimes get a varicose vein there. When it went down after a few months, all the other stuff started.
  13. tobelct

tobelct Guest

I have to very distinct memories around my mid teens. One of course is being extreamly tired so tired one time I could not move, open my eyes or scream (i was scared todeath of course)my parents who at the time had never heard of Fibro or CFS thought I was lazy.

Second, Having unexplained feel like broken bone pain in one part of my body for extended period of time and then alternating pain through out my body. And once again my parents thought I was faking to get out of chores.

I think I was around 15 at this time.

And under a termendouse amount of stress.
  14. makezmuzic

makezmuzic New Member

Fatigue & body pain to the point of tears. Headaches, swollen muscles in the back of my head at the base of my neck that had me close to pounding my head on the wall. I was running after school theraputic rec groups. Sport from 2 - 6 pm everyday. Ten speeder, hiker, walker. BAsketball....to immobility in two days.
  15. jake123

jake123 New Member

I was going to an aerobics class and had already been there for about two months. One morning I couldn't kick my legs up and I was hurting in my joints. My head hurt so I went home and had diarrhea and then threw up. I was exhausted for about three weeks then I slowly got to where I could pace myself and at least do chores.
  16. stevenhorr

stevenhorr New Member

I had strep throat in University seven years ago. I went to the doc, got some antibiotics, struggled through, got a bit healthier, then the strep came back. Went on stronger or different antibiotics, and then I just got insanely infected sinuses and a fatigue that I've had, in varying levels of severity, to this day.
  17. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

clover
    in feb 2006 i was 50yrs i had been working out at ballys for about a year. 5-6 days a week , eating healthy and preparing to retire in april 2007 with my full pension(29 years at krogers) my left ankle started to hurt and feel numb. after about a week i could no longer workout to i went to my gp.then both legs, then both hands and fingers and arms. its been all down hill since then, seeing my 9th doctor on friday. I JUST THANK GOD FOR EVERY SUNSET AND SUNRISE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS FOY
  18. reeny64tang

reeny64tang New Member

My first symptom was terrible pain in my left arm muscle into my armpit. Was sent to PT, felt good while there, then kept hurting. Has never gone away. Then right after that, terrible ripping pain in my chest. Told me it was the muscle pulling away from my sternum.

My pain is constant thru out my body. Every now and then I have new things pop up. Not a fun condition.

This is a good one.

Thanks,
    Reeny
  19. Empower

Empower New Member

Legs feeling very heavy, like I had cement blocks attached to each

Thought I had MS
  20. Lightswitch

Lightswitch New Member

I thought I had growing pains, since the pains started when I was about 6 years old. My knees would ache so bad, they would only feel better when my mom or dad would warm their hands and then grab my knee and warm it up. Heat is the best reliever for me...

Thought I would 'grow' out of it, since my 'rents always said it was growing pains... 20 years later, I am finally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I should've gone earlier, but I don't think it would've changed much since there is no cure...