What water is best?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suz9601, May 27, 2009.

1. suz9601

suz9601 Member

I am confused on what type of water to drink or if it even matters..I have been drinking bottled water but am drinking like 4-5 a day and all that plastic cant be good...tap isnt good, what is the best type to drink? Thanks for your help.
  2. holiday16

holiday16 New Member

I grew up in farm country w/ septic and w/ all the contaminates from farmers spraying their fields that is the method that removes it. For bottled water that is what I look for. I know Dasani is, but can't remember the other brand that I was told to drink if I buy water.

3. holiday16

holiday16 New Member

Has your sister looked into Dexedrine for her interstitial cyctitis? I noticed some information on it helping that when I was researching it. I take it for Idiopathic Orthostatic Edema and when I researched it I found my symptoms matched ICS. In relation to everything else it just wasn't as big a deal and it wasn't as bad as it used to be. Taking Dexedrine has really helped and it's nice to have relief from it. My sisters also had it, but they have pretty much gotten better over time.

Not an easy med to have prescribed, but it's been working really well for me. Lost 6-8 lbs. of edema so far in about 3 months.

4. FM58

FM58 New Member

We have a water cooler/bubbler. I drink only spring water from that. I use BPA free plastic containers when going out & at my bedside. I also have Interstitial Cystitis, other than my one decaf cup of tea in the morning - water is the ONLY thing I drink, all day long!

When people ask why I use that container; if I explain how the plastic leaches out into the water, they just look at me like I have 3 heads. However, if I say - I'm going "green" and cutting back on plastic, reduce, reuse, recycle! Then they agree with me and say they shuld get their own reusable water bottle.

The amount of water you drink each day should equal 1/2 oz to every pound you weigh. If you weigh 150lb you should drink 75 oz. Remember ALL liquids count - if you drink coffee, tea, juice or anything else - that counts into the # of ounces for the day.

You could use either a stainless or BPA free plastic (less expensive) bottle for going out & glass at home. Buy your spring water in the large fridge size or invest in a cooler/bubbler. Some places will provide one (or rent)if you purchase your water from them. My husband picks ours up, it's a little cheaper that way. I can not lift them up any more.
  5. place

place New Member

My mood and energy increased by 30%. I don't drink anythings else. It is high in alkiline (spelling?) and has mag. in it to! Try it for a week, hopefully you will feel the change!
  6. suz9601

suz9601 Member

thanks for all the replies. I really appreciate them.